Position Category: Staff - Full-Time
The Custodial Department is seeking a lead custodian to supervise the full-time, part-time and temporary custodial personnel in proper floor care, cleaning, furniture set-up/moving and safety procedures.
Graduation from a standard senior high school or the equivalent plus one year of full-time custodial experience, including some supervision. Part-time experience will be prorated.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of training in the proper use of hazardous chemicals and products.
- Knowledge of body fluid cleanup and proper protection.
- Knowledge of proper radio communications.
- Knowledge of pest control.
- Knowledge of all floor types such as terrazo, cement, wood, vinyl, and ceramic tile as well as carpet fibers, weaves and backings.
- Knowledge of waxes/polishes, acids, other chemicals, buffers, extractors, vacuums and scrubbers.
- Knowledge of current cleaning techniques and proper cleaning chemicals.
- Knowledge of general maintenance operations.
- Skills in the use of proper custodial and maintenance techniques.
- Skills supervising, training and developing employees.
- Skills in effective communication, problem-solving and decision-making.
- Ability to supervise and provide on-the-job training.
- Ability to perform heavy lifting with the ability to expend arduous physical effort and to work in conditions that may involve some hazards and considerable discomforts.
-Considerable physical activity. Requires heavy physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects up to 50 pounds. -Physical work is a primary part (more than 70%) of job.
-Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions.
-Work may involve moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
Pay Range: $20,796 to $25,995 annually
Advertisement Number: ST38217
Open Date: 10/05/2017
Review Start Date: 10/11/2017
Close Date: 10/13/2017
Open Until Filled: No
Special Instructions to Applicant: Schedule: Monday through Friday - 4:30 p.m. to 1:15 a.m.
To apply, visit: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/3594
Employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicant’s qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.