Technical Project Manager
Manage small to large scaled projects of various types (e.g. Development, Migration, Infrastructure, Internet, Implementation, Business, etc.) within the organization. Under minimal supervision, demonstrates both traditional and innovative skills in project management to define, plan, organize, track and monitor, and oversee one or more projects to meet defined requirements or business specifications. Ensure appropriate management, customer and supplier involvement throughout the life of the project. Functions performed include scope & change management, team management, business analysis, communications, risk/issue management, budget management, quality management and interpersonal relations to manage project(s) which are often cross-functional in nature.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Lead and direct small to large scale projects consistently following the PMO methodology, project management approach and communication methods for project health, schedule horizon, cost management, risk and mitigation or directional options.
• Manage vendor relations, procurement and communications related to quotations, RFP's, legal documentation, project requirements and milestones.
• Build and maintain working relationships with team members, vendors, other departments, and affiliates involved in the projects. Seek opportunities to increase stakeholder, sponsor and team relationships.
• Gain the respect of management, peers and project teams by providing consistent and relevant analysis and advice.
• Develop business case, feasibility studies, process evaluation and analysis for prioritization and approval.
• Prepare project plans, manage and track project execution activities for project teams. Manage the development of all associated plans and content for the overall project plan and related documentation. Define the activities for the orderly completion of the project.
• Estimate the total scope, effort, and cost for the project. Define phases and iterations within the project phases, and identify the objectives for each of these phases and iterations.
• Develop the schedule, budget, and resource plan for the project.
• Identify and analyze risk/issues and instigate avoidance activities. Establish contingency plans and identify trigger events and responsibility for initiating corrective action and appropriately escalate.
• Analyze and report the actual performance against the plan and make adjustments consistent with plan objectives.
• Manage project close activities, conduct lessons learned, transition and project close reporting.
• Create communication plans to keep all stakeholders informed of progress and issues and assure timely adaptive action is taken.
• Identify clear roles & responsibilities to ensure that all team members and stakeholders understand their roles and accept their responsibilities.
• Involve functional expertise in design reviews and key decisions as well as risk strategies.
• Manage and initiate change requests to preserve business plan commitments; reassess and amend the scope of work requirements, budget, and timeline when required.
• Manage the financial aspects of the project including budgeting and estimates, planned to actual variance, capital project management.
• Negotiate the performance of activities with team members and their managers.
• Ensure that milestones are satisfactorily met and approved by the sponsor.
• Assist with project onboarding process, capture project objectives, business requirements and process evaluation to compile business case information for prioritization and approval.
• Capture and quantify project benefits that will enable objective evaluation of projects against company objectives.
• Assist in the review and analyze impacts to the existing portfolio as new projects are introduced; work with management to identify potential alternatives.
• Assist with coordination and support of the annual planning, budget and reforecasting cycles and processes.
• Minimum 3 years related I.T., Technology, Media or Broadcast project management experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Minimum of 3+ years' experience as a Project Manager
• Proficiency in project/program management methodologies and practices required (PMBOK, EVM, etc.) Knowledge of and competency in project management processes, including planning tasks and allocating resources, risk management, issues management, time management, financial management, team management, working in teams, quality management, monitoring and reporting, documentation and information management.
• Proven team leadership experience and leading diverse teams
• Demonstrates accountability, responsibility, and a passion for project management with a drive to improve
• Self-motivated, motivating, and has a positive attitude
• Detail-oriented and extremely organized
• Excellent written and oral communications with ability to plan and facilitate effective meetings.
• Excellent judgment, decision making skills, and the ability to work under continual deadlines and pressure
• Excellent presentation skills and experience in presenting to senior leadership
• Knowledgeable in all Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Visio, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Project/PPM applications
• BS/BA in Computer Science, Business or related field preferred
• Experience in media and entertainment or communications industry highly preferred.
• PMI certification (PMP, PgMP, ACP, etc.) highly preferred
• Experience with Agile SCRUM/Kanban methodology preferred
STARZ offers a competitive compensation package and an attractive benefits program to all eligible employees including a variety of healthcare plans, dental and vision insurance, 401k, life/disability insurance, Eligible employees will enjoy paid time off in the form of vacation and company holidays.
STARZ is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
STARZ is the ultimate destination for obsessable TV, movies and more. Characters who pull you in and stories that stay with you. From bold Original Series to the best movies, whatever you love, STARZ ignites your passions.
Starz (www.starz.com), a Lionsgate company (NYSE: LGF.A, LGF.B), is a leading global media and entertainment company that provides premium subscription video programming on domestic U.S. pay television networks and produces and distributes content for worldwide audiences, including its investment in the STARZ PLAY Arabia OTT service.
Thu, 5 Oct 2017 10:44:38 PDT