Lapmaster is seeking a Project Engineer to oversee successful execution of projects including achievement of contractual requirements. Lapmaster International offers a fast paced, challenging yet rewarding work environment where you can really make a difference. Responsibilities include:
- Review pre-sales contract specification for each project, discuss with all departments to ensure subject machine complies with the requirements.
- Contact customer to obtain necessary part drawings and work with Sales to submit written specifications to engineering after the purchase order is received.
- Communicate directly with customers and project participants from Sales, Engineering and Manufacturing to identify and resolve issues.
- Create timeline for each project, track, manage and communicate project milestones and deliverables.
- Conduct regular meetings with all departments and publish meeting minutes.
- Facilitate conference calls with the customer and provide updates
- Coordinate machine pre-acceptance and ensure deliverables such as customer parts, consumables, fixtures, tooling, Inspection equipment and data collection forms are available.
- Obtain customer signature on machine acceptance form and document any changes required prior to shipment.
- Coordinate crating, rigging and shipment of machine to customer location
Experience and Qualifications:
The project engineer will report to the Technical Director.
- An Associates or Bachelors Degree in Engineering preferably mechanical or electrical with 3+ years of experience.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously where priorities change daily
- Strong working knowledge of manufacturing in machine tool or automation environment.
- Excellent verbal, written communication skills and the ability to work independently is essential.
U.S. Citizens, Permanent Residents
Lapmaster Wolters is a leading international precision machine tool builder headquartered in Chicago's Northwest suburbs near O'Hare Airport. Our diverse team works with a broad variety of industries and technologies. Our technical expertise includes Motion Control, Robotics, Automation, Machine Design, and Application Engineering. Our customers include small, mid-sized and Fortune 100 companies in a variety of industries including Automotive, Aerospace, Semiconductor, Electronics, Bearings, Optics/Electro-optics, Pumps, Valves, Compressors, and Medical Devices. Our business model is to utilize leading technologies and exceptional engineering talent coupled with outstanding customer service to solve manufacturing and precision machining problems.
Since 1948, industry has relied on Lapmaster to solve the most challenging precision surfacing problems. With over 60 years of experience, Lapmaster Wolters has a proven history of successfully developing cost effective processing solutions for virtually any application requiring precision sizing, flatness, parallelism, roundness, straightness, or surface finish. Lapmaster serves the Fine Grinding, Advanced Materials, Precision Optics, Bore Honing and Finishing, Lapping/Polishing and Metallographic markets through an expanding network of sales and services offices located throughout the world. Sales and technical service is available either through local Lapmaster Sales Representative or through our main Sales and Technical Services Centers located in Mount Prospect, IL, Rendsburg, Germany, Plymouth, UK, Chennai, India, Tokyo, Japan and Shenyang, China.
Mount Prospect, IL
Sun, 24 Sep 2017 14:23:03 PDT