Data Science Nursing Faculty Position (tenure-track) - Frances Payne Bolton School of Nursing
The Frances Payne Bolton School of Nursing at Case Western Reserve University invites applications for a tenure-track faculty position in Data Science. Applicants must have a PhD in Nursing OR a PhD in Computer Science or a related area, and show evidence of exceptional research promise.
A position is available at the Professor, Associate Professor or Assistant Professor level for faculty working on emerging applications of data science to problems in health. The incumbent will be expected to contribute to or lead multidisciplinary teams across campus by bringing an understanding of informatics and data science along with expertise in clinical areas such as:
- Health care systems
- Developing and testing strategies for Improving management of chronic conditions and adverse symptoms of illness
- Examining bio-behavioral interventions for maintaining wellness and preventing chronic illness in populations such as children, vulnerable women and older adults.
As a major research university, we are well positioned to support faculty candidates with existing or developing research programs in data science to support the mission of the school and contribute through teaching, research and service
Data scientists/nursing faculty are encouraged to explore this opportunity and should have:
- A program of research at the intersection of data science, evidence-based nursing practice, and underserved populations, including decision support systems, mobile computing, natural language processing, and use of web-based approaches for interactive health communication in underserved populations.
- Experience in emerging applications of data science to problems in health and high-volume or high-velocity data-intensive science.
- Interest in promoting health and reducing health disparities through the application of innovative informatics methods.
The incumbent will mentor PhD nursing students in data science research, contribute to course development (e.g., classes, topical seminars, independent studies, electives, etc.) and will provide guest lectures for integrating data science into current theory, methods, and analysis courses.
Applicants should submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, research statement, and statement of teaching interests in one document. Applicants should also submit links to four papers best representing their research/experience.
All application materials should be submitted electronically to:
Mary E. Kerr, PhD, RN, FAAN
Dean, Frances Payne Bolton School of Nursing
In employment, as in education, Case Western Reserve University is committed to Equal Opportunity and Diversity. Women, men, veterans, members of underrepresented minority groups, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Case Western Reserve University provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the Office for Inclusion, Diversity and Equal Opportunity at 216-368-8877 to request a reasonable accommodation. Determinations as to granting reasonable accommodations for any applicant will be made on a case-by-case basis.