Category Buyer/Manager Alc. Beverages
Oversees the development of the categories and related marketing programs to increase sales and gross profit of the assigned categories. Accomplishes this by planning marketing strategies, selecting suppliers, evaluating new products, evaluating new equipment, promotions and distribution opportunities, negotiating contracts, project management, and utilizing established Category Management processes. Supports Operations Team with Marketing execution and concerns.
A minimum of 5 years of experience in merchandising and/or related field required, and/or Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business or related field preferred. Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access. Must be well organized and possess ability to handle multiple responsibilities under constant deadlines with a high degree of attention to detail and accuracy. Must possess well-developed verbal and written communication skills, as well as excellent interpersonal skills. Must be willing to travel.
• In conjunction with other departments, determines annual unit and gross profit growth of assigned categories utilizing established Category Management Processes to develop annual market plans and coordinate implementation with the field; analyzes trends and results.
• Selects/maintains vendors, negotiates costs and terms for products and develops schematics by applying category management principles in accordance with the business unit's strategic objectives.
• Maintains project schedule by monitoring project progress; coordinating activities; resolving problems.
• Increases sales revenues by developing promotional concepts and overlay programs; develops category plans.
• Defrays cost of equipment, advertising and promotional programs by negotiating allowances and partnering with manufacturers.
• Serves market segments and specific product needs by responding to consumer requests and trends for market or product specific materials.
• Maintains external vendor relations by providing direction, guidance and information; resolving concerns.
• Determines changes in products, service and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments.
• Works with field management to grow the category through effective programs that enhance brand image.
• Projects and measures category sales and gross profit results by developing and maintaining records of item cost, retail and gross profit & margin dollars.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing business networks.
NOTE: This Job Description may change periodically as required by business necessity, with or without advance notice to employees. Specific categories may change/differ due to business needs.
As one of the nation's premier operators of more than 15,000 convenience stores, we strive to be the best place to shop and work. For our customers, that means fast, friendly service, and a quality shopping experience each time they visit one of our stores, 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. For our employees, that means offering a dynamic work environment, comprehensive benefits, and opportunities for advancement.
To reach our goal of being the best place to work, we offer a full range of benefits to our employees including: Competitive salaries
Medical and dental plans
401(k) savings plans
Circle K is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Thu, 5 Oct 2017 18:18:18 PDT