Assistant Professor in Clinical Exercise Science #20180062FAC
Position Title: Assistant Professor in Clinical Exercise Science
Job Posting Number: 20180062FAC
Job Location: San Marcos
College of Education
Department of Health and Human Performance
Position Description: The Department of Health and Human Performance at Texas State University invites applications for the position of Assistant Professor in Clinical Exercise Science. The Department presently has 51 full-time faculty and serves approximately 3,300 undergraduate and graduate students seeking degrees in athletic training, exercise and sports science, health education, and recreation. Our academic programs offer both bachelor’s and master’s degrees. The Department of Health and Human Performance has received approval to plan an interdisciplinary doctoral program in rehabilitation sciences which includes clinical exercise science.
The successful candidate will be a strong teacher and researcher. This is a full-time, tenure-track faculty position with a nine-month academic year appointment beginning Fall 2018. The successful candidate will: (1) be responsible for delivering quality instruction in graduate and undergraduate courses in clinical exercise science (e.g., cardiopulmonary physiology, clinical exercise science, exercise physiology, epidemiology, and exercise testing and prescription); (2) pursue a focused area of research that results in peer reviewed publications and potential for external funding; (3) serve as an advisor to master’s degree students; and (4) serve on committees and participate in official activities at the department, college, and university levels.
• Earned doctorate with a specialization in clinical exercise science or exercise physiology, prior to the appointment date; and
• Record of peer-reviewed publications.
• Record of scholarship in at least one of the following areas of specialization: aging, cardiopulmonary disease, endocrinology, epidemiology, metabolism, obesity, stroke, rehabilitation, or equivalent;
• Interest and experience in teaching clinical exercise science or exercise physiology courses at both the undergraduate and graduate levels;
• Record of success in obtaining external funding for research;
• Ability to integrate multicultural perspectives into teaching;
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with departmental faculty, staff, and external partners in research;
• Post-doctoral or equivalent research experience; and
• Certification in clinical exercise science or exercise physiology via American College of Sports Medicine, American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation, or equivalent.
Review of materials begins December 4, 2017, and will continue open until filled. Only applications submitted through the Texas State University website, https://jobs.hr.txstate.edu/postings/20778, will be accepted and considered.
Applicants should submit a letter of interest and current curriculum vitae that includes the names of three professional references familiar with the applicant’s research and instruction.
The selected candidate will be required to provide official transcripts from all degree-granting universities.
Proposed Start Date: Fall 2018
Open Until Filled? Yes
Review Date: 12/04/2017
Texas State University, to the extent not in conflict with federal or state law, prohibits discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, veterans’ status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System. Texas State University is an EOE.