SQL Database Administrator
Sr. SQL Database Administrator
The Database Administrator (DBA) will serve as a member of the Dev team. Responsibilities of this role include database administration and reporting in SQL environment. This person will also work with the SQL lead towards continuous improvement in SQL performance and stability. Excellent verbal and written communication is required. Experience in an enterprise SQL environment and SQL based applications is preferred.
This is a corp to corp position only.
- Effectively administer the enterprise SQL database environment.
- Monitor systems using both manual and automated management tools.
- Work closely with senior leaders to maintain and improve SQL Servers and SQL based applications.
- Assist in creating and supporting development, test, and production environments.
- Create reports using SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Monitor storage capacities.
- Ensure the integrity and availability of databases and their accompanying software.
- Participate in the development, deployment, and maintenance of applications.
- Continue to grow technical skills to stay current with emerging technologies.
- Manage time effectively with the ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Integrate with peer teams on cross-functional tasks.
- Create and maintain detailed documentation.
- Available for after-hours maintenance and an on-call support rotation.
- Ensure all databases are backed up in a way that meets the recovery point objectives.
- Test backups/restores to ensure we can meet the recovery time objectives.
- Troubleshoot SQL Server service outages as they occur, including after-hours and weekends.
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge and experience with SQL High Availability features, SQL Structured Query Language and SQL Clustered environments.
- Document all processes and repeatable strategies
- SQL database administration (8+ years)
- Report development (5+ years)
- Understanding of SQL Server and database structure
- Basic infrastructure fundamentals
- SQL Development - Scripts, code review, architecture
- High Availability solutions
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005, 2008, 2012, 2014, 2016
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2012 r2
- Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services
- Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services
- Experience managing Microsoft SQL Server High Availability solutions
- Microsoft Azure SQL Databases
- SQL monitoring tools
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Exposure to software development technologies
- Team Foundation Server
- Exposure to other relational database technologies (e.g. Oracle, MySQL, Teradata, MS Access, etc.)
- Good organizational and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and work independently when needed
- Works well in a team environment
- Ability to learn new technologies
- Ability to add effort to meet project deadlines
- Must be able to create installation, configuration and best practice documentation
Preferred but not required
- MCSA: SQL Server
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
A Bachelor's degree in a related field plus 3 years' experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Past experience in quickly learning new technologies is required.
Contract Term Expectation
Our client has a need for a SQL DBA who can work out of their mid-town Manhattan office. Financial Services experience is preferred but not required. There is room to grow in this position and flexibility to work from home when required.
New York, NY
Thu, 5 Oct 2017 13:57:49 PDT