Installation Foreman - National Projects
**This position will be within Jones & Frank's National Projects group, and will require national travel to project sites.**
The Installation Foreman takes a hands-on leadership role on the job site ensuring prompt, efficient progress of the work. The Foreman determines priorities for work to be done, sometimes on their own initiative and authority, but more often based on needs communicated by management.
- Heavy equipment operation - Track hoe, back hoe, (ability to install sheet piling a plus), rental equipment and materials scheduling and call off.
- Direct and run the project which includes piping and the installation of the tanks and related project materials.
- Communicate to the Installation Manager any specific requirements for completing the project in a safe, timely, and profitable manner.
- Communicate with the customer or their on-site representative the requirements or issues that may arise on the job site.
- Ability to read and understand applicable plans and specifications, environmental regulations, fire and building codes that must be enforced on the site.
- Attend the following meetings (as applicable):
- Pre-Construction Meetings
- Safety Meetings
- Selected training sessions as directed by the Installation Manager
- Keep accurate records on each job. This should include, as a minimum, a record of all tests, inspections, the daily progress on the job, visitors to the job and situations that may affect the schedule in a negative way.
- Set an example for your crew by reporting to work on time and in proper uniform.
- Supervise the daily activities of the crew.
- Plan for tomorrow.
- Take opportunities to train the crew so that each member is able to take on increasing responsibilities.
- Enforce all mandatory safety rules
- Be aware of potential hazards and correct any of these situations.
- Require the use of proper personal protective equipment by all crew members and subcontractors.
- Hold weekly job-site safety meetings.
- Ensure a positive Company image including the following:
- The personal appearance of each crew member should be clean and in compliance with Company policy.
- Each vehicle must be clean and orderly.
- The job site should be kept orderly and free of safety hazards. Treat the site as if it is your own property.
- The job site sign should be kept clean and in good repair.
- The conduct of each crew member should be professional and courteous.
- Maintain all vehicles in compliance with departmental preventive maintenance policies. Do not allow unsafe conditions to exist on vehicles. Vehicles should be washed and cleaned weekly. Operate all vehicles in a safe manner.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and be able to safely operate a construction truck and tow small trailers when needed. No DUI's within the past 5 years.
- Certifications and experience on related petroleum piping and products required.
- Minimum high school diploma or GED required.
Jones & Frank is the leading turnkey solution provider to the North American fueling infrastructure industry. The company distributes, installs and services fueling equipment for retail fueling stations, commercial and government fleets and emergency power customers. Jones & Frank currently operates a network of 18 branch offices with over 500 employees located across the Eastern and Midwest United States. Distribution, Service, and Installation services are provided nationally, and include a network of over 350 highly skilled service and construction personnel. Jones & Frank represents the premier products in the fueling infrastructure marketplace including Gilbarco/Veeder-Root, VeriFone, OPW, Franklin Fueling and Containment Solutions.
Jones & Frank has a successful history of over 70 years in the industry and continues to grow aggressively and expand into new markets. This pattern of growth and success comes from an unwavering commitment to recruit, train, and keep the best employees in the industry. Total employees now number almost 500 and many have 25+ years of industry experience.
*Jones & Frank is an equal opportunity employer. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state or local law. Our policy reflects and affirms the Company's commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices.
Tue, 19 Sep 2017 11:27:46 PDT