Under the direction of the Medical Staff Affairs Manager, this position will work independently, but also collaborate and work with other team members of the Medical Staff Office. This position will review credentialing/privileging information for accuracy and primary source, verifying all information in accordance with all regulatory agencies and University of Kentucky policies and procedures. All correspondence sent and received will be documented, following protocol for analyzing and noting issues and inconsistencies. Being a team player, organizational skills, paying attention to detail, and providing cross coverage are of utmost importance to this position.
7A007:Dentistry Clinical Affairs & Patient Care
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
Working at a computer workstation for extended periods; repetitive motion; occasionally transporting objects up to 25 lbs; lifting, pushing, and/or pulling objects up to 50 lbs.
Monday - Friday, 8 am - 5 pm.
Organization; critical thinking; detail-oriented; dependable; responsible; advanced computer skills; proactive, onward thinking; multi-tasking; analytical; diligent, decisive; receptive; flexible; dedicated; team player, agreeable; cooperative; professional; discreet; succinct.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Paid experience with medical/dental credentialing at a major academic clinical college highly preferred.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Describe your experience in a position that required constant attention to detail and accuracy.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Rate your level of expertise in using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Windows, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- * Please choose the answer that best describes your years of paid, full-time employment experience working with the credentialing/privileging process.
- Some but less than 1 Year
- 1 - 3 Years
- 4 - 6 Years
- 7 - 9 Years
- 10+ Years
- * Please explain your experience with the credentialing/privileging process.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter