Coordinator, Visiting & Summer Students
Salary: $48,800 - $72,500
Title: Coordinator, Visiting & Summer Students
Category: Management and Professional
Department: Undergraduate Education
Date Posted: 10/05/2017
Position Information: The Vice Provost for Undergraduate Education (UE) Division engages students and instructors with resources that promote academic excellence, enable student success and enhance the undergraduate student experience. The Coordinator, Visiting & Summer Students assists the Assistant Vice Provost of Undergraduate Education and the Director of Summer Sessions to promote enrollment in UCR summer courses by matriculating visiting students, UCR students, and local area high school students. Qualities of the successful candidate include, strong command of technology, skilled in utilizing web-based applications and website updating, highly skilled in interpersonal relations, and adept at navigating and negotiating with campus partners. Undergraduate Education promotes engagement and success for students through high-impact practices, creates opportunities for high-achieving students, and ensures every undergraduate has an opportunity to enrich their university experience. Consider joining our team and make a difference in the lives of current, and future, UCR undergraduate students!
Minimum Requirements: Knowledge of strategies in critical thinking, reading, writing, note taking, test taking, time management, and goal setting.
Knowledge of academic curricula.
Knowledge of program development, data gathering, assessment, and evaluation skills.
Experienced knowledge of specific learning theory, learning styles, affective issues, academic issues, and socio-cultural/linguistic issues in applying academic support to students.
Knowledge of how learning skills issues apply to a research institution.
Knowledge of current research and theoretical models that influence the application and delivery of academic services (e.g., discipline specific, student-population specific).
Skills in judgment and decision-making.
May require knowledge of NCAA policies, rules, and regulations.
Multicultural competencies, knowledge and experience working and interacting effectively with diverse groups of staff, faculty, and student populations.
Problem solving and organizational skills.
Knowledge in designing and implementing learning and pedagogical models.
Preferred Qualifications: Experience working at a higher education research institution. Demonstrated experience working with transfer students and developing programs to improve their academic success.
Knowledge of UC Academic Policies and Procedures as they pertain to: FERPA, student academic services and academic affairs administration, UC online Student Information System (SIS+)/Banner, and student academic progress towards a degree.
Master's Degree in a related field.
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview