Audit Manager I
Logo Posting Number STA00347PO17 Classification Title Audits Manager I Internal Title Audit Manager I Campus Columbia 01 College/Division Board of Trustees Department Audit & Advisory Services Band 7 Advertised Minimum Salary $53,606 Advertised Salary Range $53,606-$89,956 Location of Vacancy Part/Full Time Full Time Hours per week 37.5 Work Schedule
Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.Type of Staff Position Full-time Equivalent (FTE) Basis 12 months Job Search Category Other Professional
The University of South Carolina System is comprised of the state's flagship university in Columbia (founded in 1801 and currently one of the top 50 "Best Colleges" according to U.S. News and World Report), three regional comprehensive universities (USC Aiken, USC Beaufort and USC Upstate), and Palmetto College consisting of four two-year campuses (USC Lancaster, USC Salkehatchie, USC Sumter, USC Union and Fort Jackson/Extended University). Together, the USC System institutions offer more than 450 degree programs on campus and online and are uniquely positioned to meet the state's educational, cultural, health and research needs. The System employs nearly 14,000 people who work daily to improve the lives of students, fellow South Carolinians and the world. Our diverse engaged faculty and staff enjoy a dynamic and intellectually stimulating work environment.
Advertised Job Summary
The Audit Manager is responsible for completing all stages of audit and advisory engagements across the University system to provide reasonable assurance that risk management, control, and governance systems are functioning as intended. This involves planning, performing, and documenting the results of operational, financial, and compliance engagements.
The Audit Manager may lead and develop staff in the performance of audit and advisory engagements.
The Audit Manager will lead department quality assurance initiatives, including development of training related to risk management, control, and governance systems to be presented to the University community.
The Audit Manager will interact with many levels of University administration and is expected to possess strong communication skills. The candidate is expected to work under general supervision with moderate latitude for initiative and independent judgment.
Specific job duties include:
- Partner with management to assess risks
- Plan, design and perform audit tests, and prepare workpapers to document tests performed
- Perform evaluations of financial and control systems and make appropriate recommendations to strengthen controls and/or improve processes
- Communicate the results of audit and consulting projects via written reports and oral presentations to management and the Board of Trustees
- Work with management to reach a satisfactory resolution of findings and action plans
- Provide management advisory services and conduct internal control training – Pursue professional development opportunities, including external and internal training
- Represent AAS on organizational project teams and with external organizations
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field and 6 years professional-level experience in accounting, auditing or financial management.
CPA, CIA, CFE, CISA or equivalent professional certificationPreferred Qualifications
Preferred qualifications for Audit Managers include:
- Master's Degree in a business-related field
- Knowledge of higher education industry policies, procedures, regulations, and laws
In addition, the following demonstrated knowledge, skills, and abilities are also desired:
- Sound business acumen and varied work experience
- High analytical proficiency, with the ability to assimilate complex information quickly
- Skilled in clearly communicating both details and synopses to a variety of audiences in both verbal and written forms
- Ability to establish and maintain objectivity while providing superior customer service
- Adept at leveraging technology to prepare analyses, summaries, reports, and memos – Knowledge of the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and the Code of Ethics developed by The Institute of Internal Auditors
- Experienced in multi-tasking and time management to meet deadlines
- Familiarity with forensic accounting and investigative work
Posting Detail Information
Number of Vacancies 2 Desired Start Date 11/01/2017 If Research Grant/Time Limited, give end date Job Open Date 10/05/2017 Job Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicant Quicklink for Posting http://uscjobs.sc.edu/postings/19595 EEO Statement
The University of South Carolina does not discriminate in educational or employment opportunities on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, age, disability, veteran status or genetics.
Hazardous weather category Non-Essential Safety Sensitive or Security Sensitive No
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Do you have at least a bachelor's degree in accounting or related field and 6 years professional-level experience in accounting, auditing or financial management?
- Cover Letter