Director of Development, College of Education
**NOTE: Interested candidates MUST apply through the UGA HR system in order to be considered for this role (link below)**
Director of Development (Constituent Based Director)
College of Education, The University of Georgia
The Constituent Based Director is responsible for raising funds to enable the College of Education (COE) to fulfill its mission and implement its programs and initiatives. This is accomplished by the Constituent Based Director working closely with the Dean of COE to develop fund raising priorities, create a development plan, implement the plan, and secure gifts.
The University Development Office sets four objectives for Constituent Based Directors: number of annual visits, number of gift proposals, unit fundraising goal and personal fundraising goal. Each of these is discussed with the director and customized for the specific unit. In addition, each director is required to attend monthly development meetings and an individual monthly strategy meeting with the Senior Director of Development for Constituent Programs.
Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 5 years of a combination of education and development, fundraising or related professional experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to be a self-starter, take initiative and work independently.
- Strong organization skills.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse groups of alumni, faculty, prospects, donors, and colleagues throughout the university.
- Candidates must be able to travel in and out-of-state; have flexibility to work some nights and weekends.
- Word processing, database management, and email skills required.
- Valid driver's license.
- Ability to travel in and out-of-state.
Minimum of five years or more of successful fundraising or related experience with a proven ability to cultivate and solicit major gifts.
- Significant experience developing fundraising strategies while providing leadership and direction for implementation of a comprehensive development plan.
- Advanced degree.
- Management experience.
- Knowledge of Blackbaud CRM software system, Advisor.
Negotiable commensurate with qualifications and experience
HOW TO APPLY:
To review the full posting and to apply, visit: http://www.ugajobsearch.com/
Posting number for this position is #20171948. The position is open until filled.
The University of Georgia is an Equal Opportunity/Aﬀirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.