Campus Safety Officer
Job Summary: Haverford College seeks a full time, non-exempt, fully benefits eligible Campus Safety Officer. The Haverford Campus Safety Officer is a non-sworn employee of the college, who is assigned to protect the safety and security of the members of the community.
Essential Functions & Primary Responsibilities:
- Preserve the life and property of campus community-responds to reported incidents and crimes
- Proactive patrol of the College grounds and buildings
- Enforce college rules and regulations
- Act professionally and courteously when interacting with members of the community
- Provide services to the Haverford College community as described in the Campus Safety Manual, including (but not limited to):
- Parking regulations
- Escorts, Lockouts, etc.
- Report safety hazards
- Notification of supervisors
- Perform dispatch duties when required
- Provide complete and accurate reports
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, Training, & Experience:
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED certificate (College education preferred)
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license
- Must pass a thorough background investigation- must not have any felony or misdemeanor convictions
- Must possess or be able to obtain PA Act 153 clearances
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must possess and demonstrate good judgment
- Act 120 or Act 235 preferred
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: Please note that this position requires considerable walking, including during inclement weather conditions. The ability to see, hear, and respond immediately to a situation that may occur is critical. A clear background check and Motor Vehicle Record check are required.
Physical Demands and Environmental Conditions Required of this Position
- Lifting (to exert strength to move objects from one place to another):
- Sedentary Lifting: (0-10 pounds) Up to three hours
- Light Lifting (10-20 pounds): Up to three hours
- Moderate Lifting (20-50 pounds): Up to three hours
- Heavy Lifting (50 to 100 pounds): Up to three hours
- Pulling (to exert force upon an abject to move or change its direction: Up to three hours
- Pushing (to draw an object toward oneself to move or change its direction): Up to three hours
- Carrying (to hold objects while moving entire body): Up to three hours
- Reaching or working above shoulder (to extend arms upward or outward away from body): Up to three hours
- Walking (to move entire body in erect position): Three to six hours
- Standing (to maintain body in erect posture in stationary position): Three to six hours
- Sitting (to rest weight on buttocks and back of thighs with legs bent at knees): Three to six hours
- Crouching/Stooping (to bend upper body forward while fully flexing knees): Up to three hours
- Kneeling (to maintain upper body in erect position while resting knees on ground): Up to three hours
- Climbing (to ascend or descent heights using ladders, scaffolding, stairs, poles, inclined surfaces): Three to six hours
- Twisting (to rotate upper body while feet remain stationary): Up to three hours
- Driving (operating a motor vehicle, crane, tractor, forklift, etc.): Six to eight hours
- Exposure Limitation (i.e., cold water, dust, gas, fumes, extreme temperatures): Three to six hours
To Apply: Interested applicants should apply by Wednesday, October 18, 2017.
External Applicants: Please visit https://haverford.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/External/job/Haverford-Campus/Campus-Safety-Officer_R60-1
Haverford College has a longstanding commitment to diversity rooted in values of inclusion and social justice, a commitment reflected in the academic program, lived experience, and composition of the College community. Haverford welcomes applications from candidates who share these values and who will contribute to the College’s educational mission.
Haverford College is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.