Media/Communications Specialist, Video Production - University Housing (A1700623)
University Housing, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Applications are now being accepted for the Media/Communications Specialist, Video Production position for University Housing at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. The Media/Communications Specialist, Video Production is responsible for conceiving, creating and producing promotional, educational, and informational video products that support the operations and activities of University Housing. These promotional communications help University Housing achieve and maintain full occupancy in residence halls and apartments and contribute to increasing meal plan sales.
Major duties and responsibilities include:
- Produce, manage and direct media projects, especially video and photography, for the promotion of University Housing, including undergraduate and graduate residence halls, apartments, and dining services.
- Produce multimedia projects, especially video, for the training, education, and orientation of residents living in University Housing.
- Oversee all facets of video production including, pre-production meetings, concept development, storyboard development, script development, filming, production, directing, editing and archiving.
- Recruit and schedule talent for video shoots in accordance with department and university policies and procedures.
- Update and maintain University Housing's video library and multimedia presence on the University Housing website and social media, and update and maintain content on University Housing's digital signage.
- Consult with University Housing staff in the planning and production of media projects, and produce projects as assigned.
- Use metrics to measure the impact of media efforts, make recommendations based on that data, and experiment to ensure maximum impact.
- Research emerging technologies, especially those involving multimedia, and propose appropriate uses for University Housing.
- Prioritize projects as they relate to use of production time.
- Hire, train, and supervise student video assistants and special project assistants as required to implement approved projects.
- Provide technical support and occasional training to users for multimedia hardware and software.
- Establish positive relationships with colleagues and in general contribute to the work of the department.
We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds who can help create and foster communities that strive toward our vision. This includes supporting the academic mission of the University by developing environments conducive to student learning and academic success, respecting, appreciating, and advocating for the diversity of our student population, and supporting the holistic development of all of our students.
Minimum requirements: A bachelor's degree and two years of relevant work experience. Through knowledge of video production methods, editing and any technologies used in the profession. Skills with video production equipment and Adobe Creative Cloud. Knowledge of computerized media development software and hardware, especially those required for video, web-based video, and DVD production, both in standard and high definition.
- Skills with Davinci Resolve and maintaining both website and Youtube channel backend.
- Skills with Adobe Creative Cloud including Premiere, After Effects, Lightroom, Photoshop, Audition, Bridge and Media composer.
- Skills with the following video production equipment: 35mm large sensor interchangeable lens cameras, including Blackmagic 4K Production and Ursa cameras, DSLR stills cameras, lenses, LED, Fluorescent, and Tungsten lighting and grip equipment, microphones, audio recorders, and wireless transmitter.
- Knowledge of multimedia use for presentations and seminars.
- Must be able to work independently with little supervision.
- Ability to work with technical personnel from University Housing Technology and campus staff.
- Ability to work easily with staff of varying degrees of technical expertise.
This is a full-time, 12-month position. The starting date will be as soon as possible after the closing date. Salary is commensurate with experience, and includes an excellent benefits package.
For full consideration, create your candidate profile at https://jobs.illinois.edu and upload a cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references by November 2, 2017. Interviews will take place on a rolling basis once the search opens, but no final decision will be made until after the closing date. All candidates must be currently eligible to work in the United States. Official transcript will be required of all final candidates. Please contact a member of the Housing Human Resources team at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: University Housing
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Media/Communications Specialist, Video Production - University Housing (A1700623)
Open Date: 10/05/2017
Close Date: 11/02/2017
Organization Name: Housing Division