Assistant to the Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs for Academic Partnerships - Office of the Vice
Assistant to the Vice Chancellor for Academic Partnerships
Office of the Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The Office of Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign is seeking nominations and applications for the position of Assistant to the Vice Chancellor for Academic Partnerships. Founded in 1867, the Illinois campus is one of the top comprehensive research public universities in the nation with an academically talented and diverse student population. The qualified individual will work closely with the Vice Chancellor on initiatives to link the classroom and co-curricular activities of students to create transformative learning experiences at the University of Illinois.
Reporting to the Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs, the position is responsible for:
- Work with faculty, academic department chairs and college deans to improve current programs, new initiatives, and research efforts, to enhance, define and measure transformational learning experiences related to Student Affairs.
- Collaborate with the Vice Provost for Undergraduate Education and the programs of that office to promote student learning and success.
- Work closely with the Dean of Students and department heads in Student Affairs on current academic partnerships and create new opportunities for student engagement.
- Initiate research and analysis that defines, measures, and enhances student out-of-classroom learning.
- Review student retention and graduation rates, identify out-of-class activities that enhance student success and develop strategies to implement partnerships and programs in student affairs to overcome barriers.
- Identify and pursue grants to support Student Affairs programs and research efforts.
- Review and recommend revisions to the current policies and procedures in the Office of the Dean of Students to ensure compliance and improve administrative operations. Recommend new policies when deemed necessary.
- Support Office of Vice Chancellor operations to answer phone calls, meet and greet visitors, and address general office inquiries, when necessary.
Master's degree in Higher Education or related field required; PhD or EdD preferred. A minimum of seven years' experience in Student Affairs is required. Excellent written and oral communication skills are essential. Possess strong ability in team building. Ability to work with diverse groups, including students, faculty, staff, parents, and the public.
Salary: Salary is commensurate with experience and includes an excellent benefits package.
Position Type: Regular 12-month, 100% appointment.
Proposed Starting Date: As soon as possible
For full consideration, create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu and upload pdf versions of a cover letter of application, a resume, and the names, addresses, email addresses, and phone numbers of three professional references by Monday, October 16, 2017. Interviews may be conducted before that date, but all applications received by that date will receive full consideration.
Please contact Office of the Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs at email@example.com with any questions. Applicant with diverse background is strongly encouraged to apply.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: Office of Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Assistant to the Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs for Academic Partnerships - Office of the Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs (A1700626)
Open Date: 10/05/2017
Close Date: 10/16/2017
Organization Name: OVCSA-Administration