Information Technology Help Desk Analyst
Reports to: Director of Technology Services
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provide first level technical support to end users via telephone, on-line help desk, on-site visits, and by appointment. Analyze and resolve software, network and hardware problems; route problems to appropriate second level support. Provide training and support information to end users for problem prevention and reduction.
2. Maintain help desk work request records, tracking and routing requests as necessary. Help maintain software-licensing records.
3. Assist with software installation and configuration on portable computers.
4. Help produce and maintain online and print based documentation and support materials. Keep college community informed of trends, significant problems, unexpected delays or scheduled downtime.
5. Help provide training for college standard applications and hardware to end users.
6. Assist in general duties as assigned in the Information Technology Department.
1. HS/Equiv. Diploma required; Some college preferred.
2. Demonstrated work experience with technology related support and training.
3. Experience with Windows 7/8, basic PC configuration and the following software: Microsoft Office Professional, Chrome, Firefox and IE is required.
4. Experience with Apple Mac OS, basic Mac configuration and the following software: Microsoft Office Professional, Chrome, Firefox and Safari is a plus
5. Experience with Ticket Tracking System, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat Reader, Adobe Photoshop Elements, Java, and any educational software products is a plus.
6. Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and be willing and able to learn and support new applications quickly.
7. Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Mount Saint Mary College is a Dominican, liberal arts college located in New York’s scenic Hudson Valley, 60 miles north of New York City,
Mount Saint Mary College is an Equal Opportunity Employer