Work Study - Academic Support/Technology or Laboratory (Metro Campus)
Department Name Engineering
Campus or Location Metropolitan Campus
Vacancy Number WS006-18
Reports To Dean, Manufacturing Engineering
Recruitment Type Internal
Job Category Work-Study
Position Type Work-Study
Union Position Non-Union
Number of Openings 2
Job Description Summary
As a result of training and work experience, the Engineering Technology CWS student employee will be able to:
Gain experience working in an academic unit of the college by:
• Developing customer service skills and etiquette in office communication
• Exhibiting professionalism as the frontline receptionist to students, staff, administrators and college stake holders
• Determining appropriate departmental marketing materials to distribute when requested
• Compiling, copying, sorting, and filing records of office activities
• Demonstrating efficiency in Microsoft Office Word
• Operating office Xerox machine to photocopy, scan, and send facsimiles
*Consistently maintain 6 credit hours each semester;
*maintain satisfactory academic progress;
*adhere to College's confidentiality policy;
*some positions may require background checks;
*maintain open lab time as scheduled;
*help maintain the facilities;
*other general maintenance requirements;
*work with specialized equipment including chemicals;
*preference given to currently enrolled students in major;
*familiarity with Microsoft Office;
*ability to work with minimal instruction;
*other duties as assigned.
DAYS AND HOURS TO BE DETERMINED BY STUDENT AND SUPERVISOR .
Target Hiring Rate/Salary $8.15 per hour
Posting Open Date 06/05/2017
Open Until Filled Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants
During the application process, you may be required to attach a cover letter and/or resume. It is recommended that you have these documents ready to be attached electronically to the online application. This system accepts only MS Word or PDF attachments. Any employment with the College is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check and drug screen.
Affirmative Action Statement
Cuyahoga Community College is committed to attaining excellence through the recruitment and retention of a qualified and diverse workforce. Cuyahoga Community College is an equal employment/educational opportunity institution
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you currently a student at Cuyahoga Community College with approved work study funds?