Student Assistant, Student Equipment Services
Department Name Student Equipment Services
Campus or Location Metropolitan Campus
Vacancy Number PT087-17
Reports To Equipment Manager
Recruitment Type External/Internal
Job Category Student Assistant
Position Type Student Employment
Union Position Non-Union
Number of Openings 2
Job Description Summary
Participates and assists in the everyday handling of media equipment, computer labs, and print labs. Assists with Equipment Services projects ranging from photography, graphics, and to phases of video production. Must maintain a strong client service focus, demonstrate sound communication skills, and be a team player to ensure quality and integrity of projects are maintained at all times.
• Assists with the completion of departmental projects and ensures deadlines are met
• Completes all assigned tasks in a timely manner according to SES policies and procedures
• Provides basic clerical support, performs varied office tasks, and provides general customer service within the department
• Greets visitors upon arrival
• Answers phone and takes messages
• Makes, cancels, and reschedules appointments for various projects within the department
• Maintains a clean and orderly workspace
• Distributes correspondence or other printed materials
• Performs other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE/TRAINING
• Currently enrolled in classes at Cuyahoga Community College
• Demonstrated completion of ENG 101, College Composition I, and MARS 1180 courses
• Demonstrated completion of at least twelve credits of College coursework
• Minimum GPA of 2.5
• Declared Major in Creative Arts and/or demonstrated experience in Motion Media Creation
• Working towards an Associate's Degree or Certification
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
• Possess excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
• Possess strong organizational and time-management skills
• Works accurately with great attention to detail
• Ability to work varied hours as needed
• Possess basic knowledge of customer service concepts, practices, and procedures
• Demonstrated reliability and flexibility with the ability to effectively work both independently and as a part of a team
• Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends, as required
• Possess sensitivity to appropriately respond to the needs of a diverse population
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE/TRAINING
• Demonstrated understanding of cinema camera processes
• Proficiency with digital video camera operation, 3 point lighting, and location audio
• Proficiency with one or more of the following software: Adobe CC Premiere Pro, Audition, Photoshop, After Effects, Avid Media Composer, Avid Pro Tools, or other media based software.
• Demonstrated completion of MARS 1180, VCPH 1261, or RAT 1100
• Successful completion of first year Media Arts & Filmmaking, Recording Arts & Technology, or Visual Communication & Design with a concentration in either Filmmaking or Photography
Varies, includes weekend day.
Posting Open Date 09/15/2016
Open Until Filled Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants
During the application process, you may be required to attach a cover letter and/or resume. It is recommended that you have these documents ready to be attached electronically to the online application. This system accepts only MS Word or PDF attachments. Any employment with the College is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check and drug screen.
Affirmative Action Statement
Cuyahoga Community College is committed to attaining excellence through the recruitment and retention of a qualified and diverse workforce. Cuyahoga Community College is an equal employment/educational opportunity institution
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you learn of this position?
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer
- Tri-C web site
- Tri-C employee referral
- City News
- Search Firm/Agency: specify name below
- Other publication: specify name below
- Other web site: specify name below
- Career Fair: specify name below
- Conference: specify name below
- Other: specify below
- * Are you currently enrolled in classes at Cuyahoga Community College?
- * Do you currently have a minimum GPA of 2.5 or above?
- Cover Letter
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae