Work Study - Coorperative Education (Metro Campus)
Department Name Student Support Services
Campus or Location Metropolitan Campus
Vacancy Number WS037-18
Reports To Director
Recruitment Type Internal
Job Category Work-Study
Position Type Student Employment
Union Position Non-Union
Number of Openings 1
Job Description Summary
The Marketing Coordinator will support the TRIO Student Support Services ( SSS )-Metro by coordinating, developing and implementing marketing initiatives. The ideal candidate will be experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and support related tasks. This person must be well-organized and capable of translating creative concepts into tangible products and resources.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Brainstorming, developing and coordinating publicity efforts of upcoming TRIO Student Support Services programs with staff in bi-weekly meetings.
• Developing engaging print and online content for our target audiences and key stakeholders.
• Developing collateral for program events.
• Maintaining TRIO SSS bulletin boards and assist with Hi Viz requests.
• Conducting program information sessions.
• Working with marketing department for student-designed marketing collateral.
• Working with the College's media department to create a video about the SSS program.
• Managing ongoing event marketing (i.e., workshops, Jump Starts, Summer Bridge program).
• Conducting evaluation of program events.
• Analyzing and forecast program-marketing needs.
• Assisting with the setup of events.
• Assisting with mailing, filing, and other basic office procedures.
• Attending staff meetings.
• Other duties as assigned.
Positions available in the following areas:
Accounting (ACCT); Information Technology (IT); Media Arts & Studies (MARS); Recording Arts & Technology (RAT); Visual Communications & Design (VC&D); Marketing (Mark); Human Resources (HR); College Pathways; and Business Administration (BADM). In addition to the general qualifications below, specific qualifications apply in each area; contact the Director, Employer Outreach for info:
*Minimum 2.75 - 3.00 GPA (varies by area);
*currently enrolled and working towards a degree in the discipline; completed at least 2 courses (B or better) in the discipline;
*submitted Coop Application of Interest Form to Career Services;
*resume approved by Career Services;
*completed three Career Services workshops: Resumes That Get Results; Ace That Interview; and New Job: Tips for Success
DAYS TO BE DETERMINED BY HIRING MANAGER AND STUDENT
Target Hiring Rate/Salary $9.50 per Hour
Posting Open Date 06/21/2017
Open Until Filled Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants
During the application process, you may be required to attach a cover letter and/or resume. It is recommended that you have these documents ready to be attached electronically to the online application. This system accepts only MS Word or PDF attachments. Any employment with the College is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check and drug screen.
Affirmative Action Statement
Cuyahoga Community College is committed to attaining excellence through the recruitment and retention of a qualified and diverse workforce. Cuyahoga Community College is an equal employment/educational opportunity institution
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you currently a student at Cuyahoga Community College with approved work study funds?