Campus or Location Metropolitan Campus
Vacancy Number PT001-17
Reports To Assistant Dean
Recruitment Type External/Internal
Job Category Student Assistant
Position Type Student Employment
Union Position Non-Union
Number of Openings 1
Job Description Summary
To support student success and to develop leadership skills by working with
New Student Orientations, peak registration assistance, the Peer Mentoring
Program, campus tours, and special events; student ambassadors also work
in serveral key areas on campus.
• Have completed at least 6 credit hours at TRI-C;
• Minimum GPA of 2.5;
• consistently maintain 6 credit hours each semester;
• Maintain satisfactory academic progress
• Adhere to college's confidentiality policy;
• Successfully pass background check;
• Flexible schedule including evenings and weekends;
• Must demonstrate outstanding customer service, reliability, effective
leadership skills, and strong communication skills;
• Provide support to students during peak periods;
• Assist students with My Tri-C space;
• Provide campus tours; *Assist with on and off campus events such as Open
houses, NSO, college fairs, high school visits;
• Must participate in leadership programs and attend student success
• Other duties as assigned
DAYS TO BE DETERMINED BY HIRING MANAGER AND STUDENT .
Posting Open Date 05/13/2016
Open Until Filled Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants
During the application process, you may be required to attach a cover letter and/or resume. It is recommended that you have these documents ready to be attached electronically to the online application. This system accepts only MS Word or PDF attachments. Any employment with the College is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check and drug screen.
Affirmative Action Statement
Cuyahoga Community College is committed to attaining excellence through the recruitment and retention of a qualified and diverse workforce. Cuyahoga Community College is an equal employment/educational opportunity institution
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you learn of this position?
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer
- Tri-C web site
- Tri-C employee referral
- City News
- Search Firm/Agency: specify name below
- Other publication: specify name below
- Other web site: specify name below
- Career Fair: specify name below
- Conference: specify name below
- Other: specify below
- * Do you currently have a minimum GPA of 2.5 or above?
- * Are you enrolled for at least 6 credit hours?
- Cover Letter
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae