Work Study - Student Support (District)
Department Name VP Enrollment Management
Campus or Location District Administration
Vacancy Number WS015-18
Reports To VP, Inst Research Enrollment Management
Recruitment Type Internal
Job Category Work-Study
Position Type Work-Study
Union Position Non-Union
Number of Openings 1
Job Description Summary
Student employees will be able to:
• Demonstrate effective written and verbal communication skills
Understand and apply professional and ethical responsibility
Enhance their time management, problem solving and, teamwork skills
• Grow and develop customer service skills by continuing the development of relationships with students, encouraging their success at Tri-C.
• Learn problem resolution and teamwork skills along with professional office procedures and etiquette.
• Become proficient with the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act ( FERPA ) guidelines to protect sensitive and privileged information.
• Work with the Retention Project Managers to provide outreach and guide students through the reverse transfer process.
• Perform data entry in customer relationship management ( CRM ) software to support the case management goals of the department.
*Consistently maintain 6 credit hours each semester;
*maintain satisfactory academic progress;
*adhere to College's confidentiality policy;
*successfully pass background/drug screening;
*answer phone and take messages;
*clerical duties such as filing, data entry, copying and faxing;
*open and sort mail;
*strong interpersonal communication skills;
*willingness to learn new technology;
*assist with special projects;
*other duties as assigned.
DAYS AND HOURS TO BE DETERMINED BY STUDENT AND SUPERVISOR .
Target Hiring Rate/Salary $8.15 per hour
Posting Open Date 06/05/2017
Open Until Filled Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants
During the application process, you may be required to attach a cover letter and/or resume. It is recommended that you have these documents ready to be attached electronically to the online application. This system accepts only MS Word or PDF attachments. Any employment with the College is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check and drug screen.
Affirmative Action Statement
Cuyahoga Community College is committed to attaining excellence through the recruitment and retention of a qualified and diverse workforce. Cuyahoga Community College is an equal employment/educational opportunity institution
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you currently a student at Cuyahoga Community College with approved work study funds?