Assistant Director of Ticketing Operations
The Assistant Director of Ticketing Operations is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the UCCS campus ticketing department and is the lead on all customer service issues and building partnerships with offices and departments in need of ticketing services. The Assistant Director of Ticketing Operations is responsible for the programming and monitoring of the ticketing system, tracking daily sales and deposits, ticket account management, providing excellent customer service to all patrons and external clients and insure that revenue generation is maximized.
Works closely with UCCS Presents External Relations and Development staff, Auxiliary Financial Services, and the University Center and Event Services Office Manager and Assistant Director of Scheduling. Will build and maintain strong relationships with Athletics and Student Activities staff as well as other departments across campus in need of ticketing services.
- Creates and manages events on the Tessitura Box Office System.
- Actively participates as a member of the revenue development team to help maximize paid attendance for UCCS seated events and admission based events.
- Hire, train and supervise student and temporary sales staff.
- Manage day to day operation of both inbound and outbound sales.
- Make outbound sales calls.
- Sell season subscriptions, group sales and packages for UCCS.
- Create daily box office reports and statistical data regarding each event.
- Maintain files on each event that consist of production kills, seats on-hold for the building and promoter, complimentary ticket vouchers, event audits, and ticket inventory schedules.
- Ensure that the event audit reconciles with events outstanding as per the general ledger, all source documentations and the ticket inventory maintained outside of the computer ticket system.
- Responsible for distribution of event information documents to ticket sellers, including event maps, initial pricing, updated pricing, ticket limits and other pertinent items.
- Responsible for daily reconciliation and preparation of deposits.
- Schedules part-time ticket sellers for event days and event on-sales.
- Supervise the ticket selling staff. Provide necessary training and information to ensure that ticket sellers are well informed and properly trained in regard to policies and procedures.
- Supervises box office procedures for events at all UCCS Presents managed facilities, and other campus facilities as needed, including point of sale set-up, daily show reconciliation, and reporting.
- Reconcile any issues between ticket sales and auxiliary financial services.
- Works assigned events including nights and weekends.
- Manage or review website content and functionality.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Ability to deliver excellent customer service.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
For the purposes of FLSA, this position has been determined to be exempt from (not eligible for) overtime under FLSA.
Salary Range: $46,000 to $56,000
The University of Colorado, Colorado Springs offers a full benefits package. Information on university benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at http://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning, living and working community. To assist in achieving this goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history check.
- Bachelor's degree in any field.
- Ability to work nights and weekends.
- Four years of professional experience working in a box office and with box office systems.
- Experience with Tessitura or other box office systems.
- Experience Selling subscriptions, patron management, and dynamic pricing for arts organizations.
- Two years cash handling and settlement experience.
- Previous experience migrating data from ticketing platforms.
- Three years managerial experience including supervision.
Special Instructions to Applicants:• Applications submitted by October 26, 2017 will receive full consideration. • Applications submitted through email or surface mail will not be considered. Please apply at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. • Upon request, please be prepared to provide five professional references (at least two previous/current supervisors), including their email contact information. • Official Transcripts will be required upon hire.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, Unofficial transcript(s)
Application Materials Instructions:If you have technical difficulties with your application, please contact the CU Careers help desk at 303-860-4200 #5 or email@example.com. Job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact.
Job Category: Business Services
Primary Location: Colorado Springs
Department: C0001 -- Colorado Springs Campus - 40131 - SSVC-University Center
Posting Date: Oct 5, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Jared Verner
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00739205