University of Colorado
The individual in a temporary part-time lecturer position will teach courses on a semester-by-semester appointment, subject to course and budget availability. Must be open to using electronic media for instruction, such as CANVAS (Learning Management System) and Livetext, as courses at UCD can be offered as face-to-face, hybrid, or online.
Teaching assignments may fluctuate and are contingent upon the schedule of courses offered each term, the required number of student enrollments in your tentatively scheduled course(s), and budget availability. Thus, we cannot guarantee that you will teach particular courses or that you will actually teach in a given term.
Course for which we are seeking lecturers (Spring 2018):
This is an advanced special topics course related to spiritual dimensions of counseling.
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Assess health, wellness, and spirituality in the context of metal health.
- Develop understanding and build competence in working with cultural differences in relation to counseling practice, while incorporating religious and spiritual worldviews of clients.
- Explain the physical, psychological, emotional and spiritual concerns of clients within a therapeutic context.
- Integrate the presented models of religious and spiritual development in understanding counselor development.
- Earned masters degree in counseling
- Clinical experience/experience with supervision
- Experience with diverse populations and commitment to multiculturalism and
- Evidence of understanding of historic and present day sociocultural issues that influence and are influenced by education, as well as a commitment to social justice.
- Experience with culturally, linguistically, and economically diverse communities, knowledge of urban school issues.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience teaching face to face, online or with blended/hybrid models (e.g. Canvas and LiveText)
- Earned doctoral degree in Counselor Education or related field.
- Teaching experience with graduate students or with professionals in the field.
- Licensed as a Professional Counselor (LPC) or Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT).
Salary and Benefits
The salary for this position has been established at $4,350 per 3 credit course taught. This amount is adjusted according to workload (up to two courses per term). This will be a semester-by-semester appointment, with the possibility of renewal.
This part-time appointment is not eligible for group health, life insurance and retirement benefits. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers, refer to requisition #11348 REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS: 1). Current curriculum vitae 2). Proof of highest degree earned (can be unofficial transcripts) If your application is selected for further consideration, you will be asked to provide two confidential recommendation letters from individuals who have specific knowledge of the skills you possess that apply to this position.
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Resume/CV, List of References, Unofficial transcript(s), Additional Attachments - Refer to Application Materials Instructions Below
Application Materials Instructions:APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Denver
Department: D0001 -- Denver Campus - 30062 - EDUC-Dean's Office
Posting Date: Oct 5, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Becky Emerson
Posting Contact Email: SEHDHR@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00740202