Requisition # 2017-8032
Department PPPL ES&H
Category Administrative Support
Date Posted 1 month ago
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
The Princeton University Plasma Physics Laboratory, a world-leading fusion energy research center under contract with the U. S. Department of Energy (DOE), invites applications for a Stores Administrator Clerk. The Stores Administrator Clerk reports to the Property Manager and ensures that stores, spare parts, precious metals and office supplies support is provided for the Laboratory operations by developing and forecasting stores requirements using variable and diverse data regarding current and future activities. This role will assist the Property Manager in division budget, operating costs and analyzing operations and recommendations for adjustments in accordance with DOE and Federal regulations.
- Ensures that inventory control, materials receipt, precious metals, spare parts and system contracts functions effectively support Laboratory operations and are conducted in accordance with DOE and Federal regulations.
- Helps prepare inventory and spares operating budgets. Ensures budget targets are achieved.
- Performs annual review and analysis of spare parts inventory.
- Develops and implements stores operating procedures as necessary.
- Provides strong customer support and problem solving.
- Analyze monthly inventory investment results and fill rates.
- Perform stores usage analysis to anticipate long-range requirements and identify obsolete or excess inventory.
- Perform monthly reconciliation of spare parts and stores assets with financial ledger.
- Prepare DOE inventory management reports as required. Administer Government Purchase Card purchases in accordance with DOE and PPPL requirements.
- Develop, implement and oversee Laboratory system contracts for stores and office supply materials.
- Develop and modify contracts as needed to meet changing requirements in products, pricing and availability.
- Maintain stores and spares databases and process transactions to ensure accuracy and timeliness of data.
- Schedule, conduct and reconcile physical inventories of stores and spare parts.
- Comply with ES&H Directives, DOE Orders and OSHA standards.
- High School Diploma, required. College or secondary training preferred.
- Three or more years of experience with automated stockroom, inventory management, system subcontracts, or similar business experience.
- Knowledge of DOE and federal inventory management regulations.
- Experience with integrated database management systems, Microsoft Word®, Excel® and other desktop computer applications.
- Ability to manage accurate and precise records of stores operations.
- Ability to generate, review and revise reports and correspondence.
- Ability to anticipate and determine priorities to ensure that work is completed prior to deadlines.
- Excellent written, verbal and listening skills and the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of personnel at PPPL, subcontractors and representatives of other laboratories.
- Ability to operate material handling equipment.
- Forklift certification.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Valid Driver's License Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are, therefore, unable or limited in your ability to use or access this system, you can request a reasonable accommodation by calling a Human Resources team member at (609) 258-2101.
Princeton University/Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Princeton University/Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory requires all candidates to complete a background check successfully prior to the start of employment. The type and extent of background checks may vary depending on job requirements and/or functions.
Princeton University/Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory requires some candidates to complete a physical capacity exam successfully prior to the start of employment. The type and extent of physical capacity exam may vary depending on job requirements and/or functions.
Princeton University/Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory is a residential community and an employer that operates continuously 24 hours a day. Essential services employees perform jobs that are necessary and required to maintain basic University operations during scheduled closures or unscheduled suspension of normal operations due to emergencies, events, or other situations. Essential services employees may be asked and/or required to perform jobs or duties that fall outside of their normal job classification during an emergency event. Learn more about our Essential Services policy.
Go to Princeton University careers site.