Sr. Administrative Specialist
Sr. Administrative Specialist
Sr. Administrative Specialist
Facilities-Gen - 152000
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday-Thursday 7:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.; Friday 7:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Facilities Planning, Design & Construction consists of seven sub-groups: Campus Planning, Auxiliary Planning, Landscape Planning, Engineering, Estimating, Construction Inspection, and Facilities Planning Resources. For additional information on FPDC you may visit our website at: http://facilities.unt.edu/depts/fmc.
The primary purpose of the department of Facilities Planning, Design & Construction is to oversee planning, design, renovation and construction efforts to physical facilities on the UNT Denton campus and to maintain all building records for the campus. FPDC is responsible for serving the campus as a resource for estimating, site design, architectural, landscape and interior design, construction management, furniture procurement, campus mapping, space analysis, & long-range planning services and ensuring compliance with all applicable State & Federal statutes, laws and codes related to State buildings, procurement and construction. FPDC also maintains building records for all campus facilities including utility & infrastructure maps, surveys, site plans, floor plans, construction documents, & other building records. We also act in an advisory capacity for System managed projects.
As one of the nation's largest public universities and the most comprehensive in the Dallas-Fort Worth area, we are dedicated to providing an excellent educational experience to a diverse student body of approximately 38,000 students. UNT is a student-focused Tier One Public Research University with 12 colleges and schools offering 101 bachelors, 82 masters, and 38 doctoral degree programs, many nationally and internationally recognized. With more than 400 student organizations, NCAA Division I athletics and an array of concerts presented by our world-renowned College of Music, there's something for everyone at UNT. UNT has been named by Forbes as one of America's 100 Best College Buys® for 21 consecutive years, the state's most affordable research university, according to the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board, and The Princeton Review named us a "Best in the West" university. Livability.com named Denton the 9th Best College Town in the nation.
The Facilities organization at UNT is a service provider comprised of the following divisions: Facilities Planning, Design & Construction (FPDC); Facilities Maintenance (FM) and Facilities Support & Services (FSS). We are responsible for the planning, renovation, maintenance and repair of university buildings and facilities, as well as other services playing an essential role to the mission of the University of North Texas. Facilities has over 325 employees who lead the way in caring for and operating over 170 facilities and 904 acres of landscape. Our goal is to provide world class support for the University by ensuring safe, reliable, efficient facility and utility services delivered with outstanding customer services and effective stewardship of resources and the environment. For additional information on Facilities you may visit our website at: www.facilities.unt.edu. University of North Texas Career Bands are located on the Human Resources website at: www.hr.unt.edu under the subtitle of Pay Plan.
The Auxiliary Planning group within the Facilities Planning, Design & Construction Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire an Sr. Administrative Specialist to join our team.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Coordinates, oversees, and/or performs a wide variety of administrative, secretarial, and program support activities to the Auxiliary Planning Manager and members of Facilities Planning, Design and Construction and the Facilities Department as needed.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's Degree and three years of highly responsible and varied office administration or business management experience; or any equivalent combination of experience, education, and training. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Exceptional customer service skills.
* Advanced Microsoft Office skills.
* Knowledge of accounting/budgeting procedures.
* Ability to work under pressure, to adjust to constant changes, to handle multiple tasks, and to coordinate the work of others.
* Ability to keep complex records, to assemble and organize data of complex nature, and to prepare and submit reports in acceptable formats.
* Ability to conceptualize, plan and organize multiple programs and assignments effectively.
* Ability to work on complex and confidential tasks utilizing judgment, tact, and resourcefulness.
* Skill in developing and maintaining good working relationships.
* Knowledge of policies, practices, procedures and terminology of assigned function.
* Supervisory skills.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Organizational skills.
* Ability to exercise initiative and good judgement.
* Ability to operate a computer and corresponding software. applications as well as other office equipment.
* Excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing.
* Knowledge of standard office policies and procedures.
* Ability to function under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with UNT officials, administrators, faculty, staff and associates.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite and Adobe.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume, cover letter, & references with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Quicklink for Posting