Computer Science & Engineering - 130310
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday - Friday, with little overtime
The Department of Computer Science and Engineering offers bachelors, masters, and doctoral level education leading to the appropriate degrees in Computer Science and Computer Engineering.
The Department of Computer Science and Engineering provides a curriculum and course of training that will prepare today's undergraduate not only for today's challenges, but also for future challenges in a fast-paced, global, and diverse society. As a result, our program emphasizes the fundamentals of engineering and modern methods, processes and technologies and also gives the students the tools to learn by themselves and to pursue life-long learning.
The Computer Science & Engineering Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire a Administrative Specialist to join our team. Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Performing a variety of administrative support tasks that are non-routine and non-repetitive in nature, and require the use of independent judgment and initiative.
* Responsible for determining methods and procedures to be used, priority of assignments, and necessity for review by the administrator.
* Work includes public contact in interpreting and promoting the department's programs and rendering administrative decisions.
* Work is performed under general supervision, with assignments typically reflecting continuing responsibility for designated activities.
* Provide back up support to the Administrative Assistant of the Graduate Coordinator and the Chair and Associate Chair of the Department.
* Scheduling semester class, ordering textbooks, reconciling the departmental purchasing card, entering time for hourly employees, maintaining undergraduate student files, answering phones.
* Will be responsible for a significant amount of purchasing so a purchasing card will be required.
* Will be responsible for ensuring travel vouchers are submitted in a timely manner.
* May supervise student employees.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess the following required qualifications:
Associate's degree and three years of moderately responsible and varied office administration or business management experience; or any equivalent combination of experience, education, and training. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Exceptional customer service skills.
* Intermediate Microsoft Office skills.
* Knowledge of accounting/budgeting procedures.
* Ability to work under pressure, to adjust to constant changes, to handle multiple tasks, and to coordinate the work of others.
* Ability to keep complex records, to assemble and organize data of complex nature, and to prepare and submit reports in acceptable formats.
* Ability to conceptualize, plan and organize multiple assignments effectively.
* Ability to work on complex and confidential tasks utilizing judgment, tact, and resourcefulness.
* Skill in developing and maintaining good working relationships.
* Knowledge of policies, practices, procedures and terminology of assigned function.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Familiarity with UNT systems (e.g. EIS).
* Experience in classroom scheduling and textbook orders/organization.
* Familiarity with procedures for submitting travel vouchers.
* Familiarity with pcard procedures for using and reconciling.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume, a cover letter, and a list of three professional references with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Quicklink for Posting