Director of Regional Alumni Programming
Director of Regional Alumni Programming
Advancement Services Gen - 170000
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm; Some evenings and weekends
The mission of the Division of University Advancement is to promote the University of North Texas through inspiring the public to become involved with the growth and progress of the university.
The division accomplishes this by establishing and continuing mutually beneficial relationships with alumni, donors and friends of the university that result in gifts of time, expertise and philanthropic support.
Reporting to the Executive Director of the UNT Alumni Association, this position will be responsible for creating and implementing a strategic, outcome oriented approach to alumni outreach programming in Houston, Austin, and San Antonio as per program standards. The Director will recruit, train, and actively manage a prospect portfolio of steering committee volunteers. This position will also work with appropriate staff in each college to coordinate and appropriately support regional based alumni programs.
This position requires the ability to effectively lead volunteers and senior university staff in accordance with program standards. The ability to prioritize time and tasks to simultaneously manage multiple projects is paramount for the success of the program. Organizational skills are essential. This position will represent both the University of North Texas and the UNT Alumni Association across campus and in the community.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Program execution, including external vendor management.
* Pulling and analyzing data reports from Raiser's Edge.
* Planning and travel to personal visits and committee meetings.
* Ensuring alumni have positive engaging experiences through programming.
* Solicits commitments from targeted alumni to serve as committee and Association volunteers.
* Collaborates well with Alumni Relations and Advancement colleagues.
* Monitors and manages program budget, in accordance with Alumni Association and University guidelines.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's Degree and four years of professional experience in fundraising, donor relations, public relations, or sales: or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Extensive knowledge of philanthropy and fundraising principles.
* Demonstrated experience in establishing and maintaining effective professional relationships with internal and external constituents.
* Ability to plan, organize, develop and execute strategies.
* Ability to mentor and coach colleagues or direct reports.
* Ability to manage time, personnel, financial, and physical resources effectively.
* Exceptional communications skills.
* Ability to master University policies and procedures and apply these in specific situations.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Detail oriented.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Outcome driven.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a cover letter, resume and a list of at least three professional references with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Quicklink for Posting
InsideHigherEd.com, HigherEdJobs.com, AFP - Dallas, AFP - Ft. Worth, The Chronicle of Philanthropy, CASE.org