UCR Foundation Senior Accountant
8AM - 5PM
$53,700 - $79,800
Under minimal supervision from the Director-Controller, UC Riverside Foundation the incumbent has the responsibilities for the majority of the financial and administrative activities of the UC Riverside Foundation, and provides input and advice to management regarding various gift transactions and procedures related to the management of gift and endowment funds. Coordinates Foundation and Regents Endowment fund financial reporting related to the UC Riverside Campus, and provides general analytical support to the Finance and Administration unit of University Advancement. Cover letter required. Please note: All applicants will be asked to complete a skills assessment as part of the selection process.
Thorough knowledge of accounting function and assignments.
Ability to independently gather, organize and perform accounting related analysis.
Thorough knowledge of financial transactions and financial systems, as well as related policy, accounting and regulatory compliance requirements.
Proficiency in use of common desktop/web applications.
Thorough knowledge of analytical procedures used in accounting projects of moderate to semi-complex scope.
Ability to present information in a clear and concise manner both in writing and verbally.
Demonstrated progressively responsible accounting experience including financial and statistical analysis using spreadsheets and Windows based software applications.
Experience in researching complex technical issues and preparing comprehensive recommendations based on the outcome of the research.
Ability to prepare and analyze complex financial reports in a clear, concise, and useful manner.
Ability to manage a heavy workload with a variety of projects and assignments, ensuring effective outcome and providing for prioritization of assignments and fluctuating deadlines.
Proven ability to respect and maintain confidentiality in all aspects of work behavior.
Professionalism in all aspects of performance with a commitment to the goals and objectives of University Advancement and to UC Riverside, including principles of community and diversity.
Experience in developing and implementing financial and information reporting models, including client needs analysis, development of accounting systems that are responsive to those needs, and coordination of diverse data sources and software programs.
Experience in accounting for non-profit organizations, higher education, and governmental units, including fund accounting and preparation of financial statements in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and government accounting standards.
Experience with relational databases.
Experience with UC Riverside financial systems and UC policy and procedures.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview