STDT ACAD SPEC 2
8AM - 5PM
$44,200 - $65,700
Under the general direction of the Director of CHASS F1RST: First Year Success Programs provides administrative, analytic and technical support for CHASS F1RST programs. The position performs and/or supervises specific functions supportive of the units mission goals including program development, outreach, recruitment, program evaluation, training, and other functions necessary to support a teaching and research unit. The position has operational responsibilities for support services.
Multicultural competencies; knowledge and experience working and interacting effectively with diverse groups of staff, faculty, and student populations.
Strong work characteristics including, resourcefulness, initiative, self-management, diligence. Ability to work independently while maintaining cooperative working relationships with coworkers in a team environment.
Develops knowledge of specific learning theory, learning styles, affective issues, academic issues, and socio-cultural issues in applying academic support for students.
Oral and written communication skills; interpersonal and presentation skills.
Develops knowledge of current and theoretical models that influence the application and delivery of academic services (e.g., discipline specific; student-population specific).
Proficient computer skills including databases, word processing, spreadsheets, and web-based systems.
Knowledge of strategies in critical thinking, reading, writing, note taking, test taking, time management, and goal setting.
Must be able to work in a flexible, fluid, and potentially chaotic working environment.
Problem solving skills.
Skill in creating, editing, and formatting documents and reports using applicable software applications, especially Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access and experience using email messaging and automated calendaring systems.
Superior communication and interpersonal skills. Skill in communicating tactfully in person and in writing with administrators, faculty, staff, students, and visitors.
Two (2) years of full-time experience in student academic programs
Skills in judgment and decision-making.
Ability to communicate information in small and large group settings.
Knowledge of how learning skills issues apply to a research institution.
Knowledge of UCR and the College of Humanities, Arts, and Social Sciences.
Knowledge of learning theories and training models.
Knowledge of Peer Counseling Techniques.
Quantitative research experiences
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview