Job Title Office Manager
The Office Manager provides administrative and operational support to the Assistant Vice President Advancement Services/CFO and the Director of Events and Special Projects. Assists with planning and execution of training and events. Maintains the event department budget.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Five years of administrative support experience providing budget management, maintaining calendars and providing excellent customer service.
Experience operating personal computers with proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access and Outlook) software.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in an appropriate specialization.
Experience with event planning and coordination.
Experience with data collection, database management, and data analysis.
Experience using Blackbaud Raiser's Edge, Microsoft OneNote and Banner software.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Knowledge of general office procedures.
Knowledge of or ability to learn Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge, Microsoft OneNote and Banner software.
Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
Strong organizational skills and an ability to prioritize and complete simultaneous projects with minimal supervision.
Ability to interact in a professional manner with a diverse group of staff, faculty, students, and the community in a service-oriented environment.
Ability to collect, analyze, organize and present information in a meaningful manner.
Ability to create and maintain spreadsheets, documents, and databases using MS Office Excel, Word, Outlook and Access.
Ability to work independently, take initiative, and follow through with assignments.
Ability to assume new responsibilities, as appropriate and carrying them out in an effective manner.
Ability to collaborate and work effectively within a diverse community and willing to contribute to a team effort.
Salary Range $16.76 - $17.62 hourly ($35,000 - $36,800 Annually)
Essential Job Duties
•Provides administrative and operational support to the Foundation Finance, Advancement Services and Events departments. Greets visitors, receives and responds to department inquiries, and maintains appointment calendars. Processes travel authorization requests and travel reimbursements, and maintains inventory of supplies and fixed assets.
•Assists the Assistant Vice President and the Director of Events with planning and coordination of meetings, training, workshops, and events. Maintains the University Advancement calendar of events. Reserves training rooms and prepares program materials, and assists the Events department with registrations.
•Maintains department budgets including monitor expenditures, research purchase options, prepare purchase requisitions and invoices, and reconcile corporate card expenditures.
•Assists Advancement Services with account set up and maintenance in the donor software.
•Assists Foundation Finance with data preparation and reporting.
•Collects program data to track metrics on events to assess effectiveness of campaigns. Assists with the analysis of data and preparation of reports.
•Receives cash, checks and/or credit card payments. Must be PCI Compliant. Prepares deposits, deposit transmittals and distributes outgoing checks.
•Maintains web pages for Foundation Finance, Advancement Services and Events.
•Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Posting Detail Information
Posting Number PS334P
Open Date 10/05/2017
Close Date 10/19/2017
Open Until Filled No
Special Instructions to Applicants
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you possess a high school diploma, equivalent, or higher?
- * Do you have five (5) or more years of administrative support experience providing budget management, maintaining calendars and providing excellent customer service?
- * Do you have experience operating personal computers with proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access and Outlook) software?
- * Please explain your directly related experience to the position.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please indicate the number of years of directly related work experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- This position is eligible for veteran's preference. For additional information regarding veteran's preference, please review the FGCU Human Resources website and click on the link for Veteran's Preference. You may copy and paste this URL into a separate browser window for easier access to veteran's preference information: http://www.fgcu.edu/HR/. To be eligible for veteran's preference, you must upload your DD214 to this posting. A new DD214 must be uploaded with each application submitted. Forms submitted under a previous application will not transfer to another position application.
- * Are you claiming veteran's preference?
- * Please indicate how you first learned of this position.
- Job Board
- Print Advertisement
- Social Media
- Job Fair/Conference
- FGCU Website
- Employee Referral
- * Per the question above, please specify the name of where you FIRST learned of the position?
(Open Ended Question)
Documents Needed To Apply
- Cover Letter
- List of 5 Professional References (with relationship of each)
- DD Form 214