COMP Performance Group, parent company for leading performance automotive brands such as COMP Cams, TCI Auto, FAST and RHS, is looking to add experienced Quality Engineer to our growing team. If you meet the below qualifications and are looking for a career opportunity with a stable, progressive company - this may be the right opportunity for you.
The Quality Engineer is responsible for the overall Supplier Quality Control activities, including evaluating the supplier product and process to ensure product meets COMP Performance Group expectations, monitoring Supplier performance administering appropriate actions where and when necessary, conducting supplier visits and improvement programs, and communicating supplier status to the COMP Performance Group Management Team.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintain supplier monthly performance reports and distribute.
- Maintain warranty data in internal systems.
- Create and maintain test & analysis procedures.
- Issue Quality Alerts in case of non-conformance.
- Establishing containment activities, track concern resolution with suppliers, and collect costs incurred for possible supplier charge back.
- Measure and analyze product trials and prepare reports for management review.
- Take a Hands-On approach to In-Process Inspection ensuring inspections & manufacturing documentation is completed appropriately.
- Liaise with Quality Manager in relation to all aspects of internal and external Audits.
- Train Suppliers to effectively execute corrective and preventive actions. Analyze supplier corrective actions for completeness and quality.
- Drive continuous quality improvement in conjunction with engineering and operations.
- Lead on-site Supplier audits and follow up on results.
- Create and monitor metrics for management review.
- Facilitate actions necessary to reduce warranty through data and part analysis.
- Acting as a liaison between Warranty Management, Warranty Specialists, Engineering, Quality and suppliers as it relates to 8D problem solving to resolve warranty concerns.
- Lead Supplier and APQP activities and support in development of PFMEA's and control plans.
- Develop and provide customers with FMEA, Control Plans, PPAP, and APQP.
- Lead / Support quality improvement initiatives at CPG.
- Lead Control Plan Audits, and assessment Audits both internally and at Supplier's facility.
- Member of the ISO Auditing Team.
- Publish a monthly warranty report by including trend and Pareto Analysis for top failures.
- Bachelor's Degree and/or 5 years of related experience in manufacturing with advanced technical training.
- Minimum 3-5 years of proven progressive experience in Quality Assurance, auditing and investigation.
- Desire a minimum of 3-5 years' experience in Quality Assurance or Quality Control profession.
- Desire at least 2 years or more experience spent in direct Quality Management.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- High performance teams and a strong team player.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Demonstrate knowledge of inspection and quality control methods, techniques and equipment.
- Demonstrate knowledge of use of a wide variety of measuring instruments and product schematics including blue prints and bills of materials.
- Prefer experience in metrology, calibration and gage R&R techniques.
- Working Knowledge of PPAP; SPC; APQP; FMEA; Control Plans; MSA; ISO 9001:2008; Six Sigma.
- Have working knowledge of statistical analysis, designed experiments and computers including word processing, spreadsheets, data management and statistical software.
- Possess attention to detail.
- Show ability for problem analysis and problem resolution.
- Exhibit excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Interact successfully in high performance team and be a strong team player.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong visual acuity and the ability to judge slight variation in product.
- Ability to read engineering drawings.
- Have proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Oracle products or equivalent system.
Competitive compensation (commensurate with experience) and benefits are provided. Benefits for full-time employees include medical insurance, paid vacations/holidays and company match 401K. Pre-employment drug screening and background check required. This position is located in our Memphis, TN headquarters.
The COMP Performance Group is the parent company of leading performance automotive brands such as COMP Cams, TCI Automotive, FAST, ZEX Nitrous, Racing Head Service, Quarter Master and more. For additional information about our brands and their products visit www.compperformancegroup.com.
Tue, 12 Sep 2017 18:31:41 PDT