Vice President - Global Director of Human Resources
The VP/Global Director of Human Resources is the organization-wide leader responsible for the coordination and implementation of global Human Resource systems, processes, policies, and programs and serves as the company's in-house counsel. This position works as a business partner to company leadership on issues of significant organizational importance. The VP/Global Director of Human Resources will partner with senior leaders to implement global human resources strategies.
- Provide HR leadership to the leaders and employees within their organizations globally in coordination with North American HR Director and HR Managers
- Maintain knowledge of domestic and international labor laws and legal consultation processes in regards to employee relations
- Leads company global compliance with all existing governmental and labor legal and government reporting requirements. Maintains minimal company exposure to lawsuits.
- Partner with management to define, develop and lead all global HR programs, processes and policies including but not limited to: talent acquisition, compensation, benefits, performance management, employee relations, training and retention, change management and safety/risk control while ensuring that policies are in full compliance with all applicable labor laws.
- Oversees the implementation of Human Resources programs through Human Resources staff. Monitors administration of established procedures and identifies opportunities for improvement.
- Manages employee communication and feedback using creative approaches such as: company meetings, suggestion programs, newsletters, employee focus groups, one-on-one meetings, and Intranet use.
- Develops and monitors an annual budget that includes Human Resources services, employee recognition and employee benefits.
- Drive a culture of performance, results and positive employee relations
- Effectively manage/balance cultural and organizational nuances and build credibility with leaders, managers, and employees
- Assists managers with the selection and contracting of external training programs and consultants.
- Successfully manage multiple priorities under tight time frames
- Be customer focused, both internally and externally
- 10+ years of experience in key HR leadership roles
- Experience with broader employment, corporate governance, litigation, and/or other regulatory matters preferred. Experience with international distribution and manufacturing company trade and commerce requirements is also preferred.
- Must thrive under pressure and manage multiple projects and priorities in and hands-on manner while being resourceful and innovative at tackling challenges timely.
- Excellent business judgment and demonstrated proficiency in organizational, analytical, conceptual, and problem solving and executive presentation skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to sift through complicated business issues and communicate only the important aspects in a clear and concise manner.
- Superior service responsiveness and rapid follow-up ability.
- Ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced, flexible and high growth environment.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment and HRIS systems
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop staff members
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally
Overland Park, KS
Mon, 2 Oct 2017 06:51:46 PDT