Senior Network Engineer
General Function: The Network Leader provides technical leadership, expertise, strategic planning, and recommendations to IT and business management for new technologies and network applications in response to business needs. The Senior Network Engineer works with internal partners to evaluate and design solutions for business and customer requirements which will integrate with and enhance the network. This role applies technical/organizational leadership, complex design principles, and methodology to ensure cost-effective and optimal uses of resources and technology without jeopardizing network integrity.
- Planning, scoping, and designing networking solutions and driving deployment to improve availability, increase/consolidate services, and reduce costs. The Infrastructure Architect consults with and plans for solutions including network design/validation, availability, disaster recovery, monitoring, and security.
- Responsible for architectural design and oversight of enterprise network infrastructure, inclusive of technology selection, vendor engagement/quoting, hands-on build, and transfer to operations processes.
- Evaluate and implement networking solutions to meet business and system requirements.
- Evaluate existing network configurations to determine effectiveness and suggest changes to meet business and system requirements.
- Provide technical guidance or support for the development or troubleshooting of networks.
- Complete models, simulations, and proof-of-concepts, using manual or automated methods, to analyze or predict network performance under different operating conditions.
- Analyze risks and proactively report problems and suggest solutions.
- Maintain up-to-date documentation.
- Maintain a working knowledge of current industry trends, techniques, and tools.
- Create, maintain, and improve departmental policies and procedures.
- Attend change & problem management meetings as needed.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Current CCNP / CCIE R&S or SP.
- Proven hands-on network design/engineering experience with Cisco technologies (e.g. ISR, ASR, 7200, 6500, 7600).
- Deep understanding and experience with networking protocols and technologies (e.g. BGP, OSPF, QoS, NAT, MPLS, PFR, LACP, VRF, VSS, IPSEC, HSRP).
- Deep understanding and experience with VPN protocols and topologies (e.g. DMVPN, Site-to-Site, IPSEC, GRE).
- Deep understanding of the OSI or TCP/IP model.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with ability to effectively lead efforts, communicate, and display architectural designs and implementation choices.
- Provide a customer/client focus, with the ability to manage expectations appropriately, to provide a superior customer/client experience and build long-term relationships.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple assignments, often within limited time constraints.
- Ability to interact with internal and external personnel at all organizational levels.
- 5-10 years of experience in defining, implementing, and validating networking solutions.
- 5-10 years of experience in network administration of medium to large scale service provider networks.
- 3+ years of experience in a lead role, overseeing and planning work for direct reports/team members.
- Experience with monitoring, network diagnostics, and network analytics tools (e.g. SNMP, Syslog, NetFlow).
- Experience with virtualization technologies such as VMware, and KVM from a networking perspective, and their associated management platforms and concepts a plus.
- Experience with public cloud providers and concepts from a networking perspective, such as vCloud, AWS, Google Compute Engine, and similar, along with their associated management platforms and concepts a plus.
UniVoIP, Inc. (univoip.com) headquartered in El Segundo California is a fast growing Cloud Communications provider serving the SMB and Enterprise markets nationwide. We offer a dynamic entrepreneurial environment that fosters creativity and provides unlimited opportunities for personal and professional growth.
El Segundo, CA
Wed, 27 Sep 2017 14:37:22 PDT