Product Development Manager
Product Development Manager
This position is responsible for the program execution for new products and projects by partnering with Sales, Innovation, Business Units and the Supply Chain organization to lead and facilitate, from inception to final approval, the innovation, research, and development of new candle & home fragrance products, product technologies and fragrance delivery systems for the Company. Critical to success is the ability to pro-actively manage and communicate across the matrix organization to ensure flawless execution of projects.
This position requires a dynamic, flexible individual who is very interested in Home Dcor and Fashion trends. The successful candidate will also have strong analytical skills combined with attention to detail, a sense of urgency and an "out of the box" approach to getting things done.
- Effectively and efficiently introduces new products; interacting with innovation, brand management, business units and supply chain to support innovation, research, development and commercialization.
- Researches current marketplace in terms of market share data, competitive data, consumer insights & product benchmarking in order to meet the company's growth goals in both increasing market share and company revenues.
- Creates scope of project and time line, maintains timeliness in dealing with issues, and reviews critical path and tracks projects to launch on time as required by business units.
- Responsible for flawless execution of projects in a fast-paced environment. Interacts with manufacturing globally, including leadership of pilot runs, sample preparation etc.
- Analyzes scope of projects and rationalizes financial aspects of new products to ensure business goals are met. Owner of the product from start to finish.
- Creates logical product architecture and assortment optimization for all commercial businesses meeting consumer needs of shopper in that channel keeping with efficient usage of company's development resources.
- Strategically develops multi year road maps for category or brand.
- Works with Quality & Compliance business partners to ensure new products meet safety, labeling and regulatory.
- Manages all development time lines from kick off meetings to delivery dates.
- Maintains all documentation to manage projects - Product Briefs, Samples Requests, Project Trackers/Timelines.
This position has the responsibility to lead the new product development process, working with all levels, to ensure successful product introductions from inception to final approval. In addition, this position is responsible for working with internal and external business units to ensure that budgets, timelines and schedules are met on a regular basis. This position is exposed to confidential information related to innovation, production, and strategic initiatives undertaken by the Company.
- Bachelor's degree with 3+ years of relevant experience. Degree in Fashion Merchandising, Retail Management or a similar program preferred.
- The ability to combine information from market sales and production data with fashion/home decor forecasts and translate into smart product-line decisions.
- The ability to generate positive relationships and foster a team environment through excellent leadership and management skills.
- Solid planning and organizational skills, detail orientation and the ability to manage multiple projects in a pro-active, timely manner.
- Superb communication skills, including strong writing and presentation skills as well as proven influencing and persuading skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including the knowledge of Word, Excel, Power Point and Microsoft Project.
Pacific Trade International (PTI) is a fully integrated, multi-branded, global innovator of high fragrance, fragrance technology, and home decor products. The Chesapeake Bay Candle brand is synonymous with stylish design and unique, nature-inspired fragrances from Maryland's idyllic shoreline. With operational headquarters based in Rockville, Maryland, PTI has five global locations and employs more than two thousand people worldwide.
Tue, 19 Sep 2017 12:34:14 PDT