Product Specialist - Wauwatosa, WI
BOSTIK is hiring! We are currently looking for a Product Specialist for our Wauwatosa location.
The Product Specialist will act as the first point of contact for the organization for day-to-day product-related questions on topics such as packaging availability, MOQ changes, stocking policy changes, application specifications, product literature, etc.
We seek people who want to be part of a growing, world-class organization. We also offer comprehensive benefits effective DAY 1! "Stick" with us!
- This position supports the Product Line Manager for the products manufactured in the Middleton, MA facility and the similar chemistry Purchased Finished Goods servicing all market segments of the Industrial Business Unit. This predominantly covers the Elastic Bonding technologies and is approximately $65 million in annual sales revenue across six different adhesive chemistries.
- Responsible for ensuring best in class responsiveness to the organization and supporting sales and margin growth of selected product lines.
- Act as the first point of contact for the organization for day-to-day product-related questions on topics such as packaging availability, MOQ changes, stocking policy changes, application specifications, product literature, etc.
- Support activities of the PLM for assigned product lines.
- Recommend rationalizations on base product lines. Support execution of PLM rationalization plan.
- Coordinate with Market Communications Manager and R&D to create relevant product literature and sell sheets to support product value propositions in accordance with the collateral plans from the PLM and Market Development Managers.
- Responsible for coordinating completion of customer specific product document requests.
- Identify and support profit improvement initiatives for continued growth for assigned product lines.
- Act as project leader for relevant stage gate projects.
- Manage product renumbering, reactivation, deactivation, and package code changes.
- Coordinate with Supply Management to communicate raw material updates to Sales.
- Responsible for supporting demand planning on current product stocking policy reviews. Provide recommendations on changes in policy types and exceptions.
- Manage package options, provide consolidation recommendations.
- Support development of monthly reports for assigned product lines and segments on sales, margins, industry trends and competitive activity.
- Practice safe work habits in accordance with OSHA, EPA guidelines, and Bostik-specific EHS expectations.
Context and Environment:
The job involves working cross-functionally with all functions of the organization to support the management of the product line. This role is based out of the Wauwatosa office.
- Respond to day-to-day organizational product line-related questions and document requests
- Support the product line strategy for the assigned product lines
- Support all aspects of the product life cycle for the assigned product lines (new product introduction, product pricing, margin improvement initiatives, product rationalization)
- Minimum of bachelor's degree, technical degree preferred.
- Ideal candidate will have 1 to 3 years proven experience in the specialty chemicals industry. Marketing or related field ideal.
- Excellent organizational, planning and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team. Self starter, strong drive.
- Strong business acumen and analysis skills. This person needs to be good with numbers, be detail oriented.
- Ability to establish and maintain multiple priorities. Competent with time management, deadlines.
- Creative problem solving skills. Proficient project management aptitude.
- Highly motivated, fast pace execution, motivated self started.
- A high degree of proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to travel approximately 15% of the time
Bostik is a leading global adhesive specialist in industrial manufacturing, construction and consumer markets. For more than a century, we have been developing innovative adhesive solutions that are smarter and more adaptive to the forces that shape our daily lives.
Tue, 12 Sep 2017 15:15:44 PDT