Academic Program Specialist III
Academic Program Support and Administration duties and responsibilities:
Manage Proctor U services. Financial and workload management of teaching programs. Review and help manage marketing agreements for off-book programs. Review and help manage funds flow. Work with department accountant and department administrator to track and forecast both state general revenue and off-book revenue for the teaching program. Work with department accountant to verify and track tuition payments. Submit teaching effort to Dean’s office; review and verify the department’s eRVU. Manage and work with department chairman with regard to faculty teaching effort calculations. Work with faculty with regard to reporting teaching effort. Work with faculty to submit Academic Activity Reports (AAR). Work with course directors in each of the department courses to help guide assembly of course materials. This will involve training and working with department staff to properly organize and assemble course materials. Manage electronic interfaces with faculty. Manage and help operate AV and computer equipment in department conference room. Manage recording and editing of lectures. Manage (and be administrator for) department software and equipment related to teaching. Manage department teaching portfolio. Work with faculty on university approval of new or revised courses, certificates, and degrees for both on-book and off-book programs. Manage website public interfaces. Work with faculty and department chairman to help design and update the outward electronic interfaces of the department. Work with UFHealth, College of Medicine, and other entities to help design and keep current the following websites. Department website. Hypertension Center website. Reproduction and Perinatal Outcomes website. Certificate specific websites (coordination with marketing firm). Other Administrative Activities Participates in and contributes to departmental operations by performing other related duties as may be required.
- Manage electronic interfaces with students.
- Set up all department courses in Canvas each semester: create new or duplicate shells; upload updated materials, link lecture videos, schedule due dates and exams; set up campus exams in Canvas and distance exams through ProctorU. This will also involve training department staff to effectively use Canvas.
- Manage Canvas operations
- Monitor Canvas messages for technical questions.
- Monitor Canvas messages for slow faculty responses.
$50,000 to $65,000 annually; commensurate within this range based on qualifications and experience.
Master’s degree and three years of relevant experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with Canvas and ProctorU programs and familiarity with myUFL/PeopleSoft.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Have very strong organizational skills.
- Have strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Have the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with faculty, administrative staff, and other campus departments.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references.
This is a time limited position
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (EDT) of the posting end date.
Health Assessment Required: No