Video/Camcorder Repair Tech
The Video/Camcorder Technician assembles, services, and repairs components and systems for electronic and mechanical devices by utilizing hand tools, test equipment, and manufacturer specifications in a timely, accurate manner.
- Disassemble unit to gain access to defect, using hand tools.
- Examine device to diagnose the problem
- Test device performance and functionality of key features.
- Read and interpret engineering drawings, diagrams, instructions, and specifications to determine needed repairs and operation sequence.
- Requisition parts and materials.
- Provide quality repairs utilizing only the necessary parts needed to bring the unit to good working condition
- Calibrate and verify accuracy of light meters, shutter diaphragm operation, and lens carriers, using timing instruments
- Adjust cameras, photographic mechanisms, and equipment such as range and view finders, shutters, light meters, and lens systems, using hand tools
- Measure parts to verify specified dimensions or settings, such as camera shutter speed and light meter reading accuracy, using measuring instruments
- Test equipment performance, focus of lens system, diaphragm alignment, drum and tape transport, using precision gauges
- Perform a complete quality check of unit, test batteries, cables, media and other digital items to ensure the diagnosed problem has been corrected
- Clean and lubricate camcorders and polish camera lenses, using cleaning materials and work aids
Competencies/Requirements of the position:
- Minimum of 5 years hands-on experience repairing a variety of Video Camera models
- Excellent manual dexterity with small tools and components.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to show patience and solve/troubleshoot complex technical problems
- Ability to solder electronic boards and components
- Basic ability to use computers ie, entering data and retrieving information
- Passion for learning and working with today's latest electronic equipment
- Punctual, strong work ethic and dedicated individual who is looking to grow with the company
• Productivity-Units repaired while clocked into work
• Parts-Parts Usage as a % of Revenue by category
• Quality-Monthly rework as a % of total units repaired and Quality Control failure rate
• Cross-Training-Expanding repair skill-set to additional device types
United Electronics Group was founded over 40 years ago and has grown to become a nationwide leader in the repair of consumer electronics including cameras, camcorders, lenses, gaming devices, Apple computers, iPods, iPads, Gaming Systems and Android Tablets.
Elk Grove Village, IL
Tue, 3 Oct 2017 12:26:03 PDT