Manager - Digital Marketing
Manager - Digital Marketing
Position Category: Staff - Full-Time
The Digital Marketing Manager synchronizes the digital advertising and public relations for Utah Valley University's marketing initiatives. This individual will lead initiatives with ad campaigns, digital press releases, and develop communication strategies based upon data and modeling that engages target audiences in a way that facilitates conversion to key initiative and institutional KPIs. Data gathering and research is an integral part of this role. Collaborates creatively with production and design teams to synchronize deliverables for initiatives.
- This position directs and supervises the workflow of digital advertising and public relations and production teams by assigning job duties, handling external communications and facilitating interdepartmental communications. Allocates resources of the organization to maximize efficiency, creativity, and collaboration in building and maintaining the brand identity or consistent branding across marketing and public relations channels.
- Responsible for obtaining advanced knowledge of industry trends. The marketing administration side of this role involves customer acquisition costing strategies, refinement, and development of marketing goals, promotional activities, and branding in consultation with marketing clients and staff. Directs market research and analysis to verify opportunities and trends is an essential part of this job function.
- Work closely with and reports directly to the Senior Director of Marketing to develop strategic marketing plans that support institutional and client initiatives. Leads efforts to guide the creation and implementation of audience engagement marketing elements with the Integrated Marketing Manager which include: website, mobile applications, social media strategies, digital advertising and online promotions.
Graduation from an accredited institution with a bachelor’s degree plus three to five years of related experience, OR an equivalent combination of education and/or experience related to the Summary of Duties totaling at least seven years.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proven working experience in digital marketing.
- Demonstrable experience leading and managing SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, social media and/or display advertising campaigns.
- Highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform, and motivate.
- Experience in optimizing landing pages and user funnels.
- Solid knowledge of website analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics, NetInsight, Omniture, WebTrends).
- Working knowledge of ad serving tools (e.g., DART, Atlas).
- Experience in setting up and optimizing Google Adwords social media campaigns.
- Skills and experience with A/B and multivariate experiments.
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking.
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement.
- Must have experience and ability crafting diverse marketing programs with a demonstrated and effective working knowledge in direct marketing, advertising, sales promotion, media and public relations to create a sound and unified institutional brand that is unique and world-class.
Requires a bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, advertising administration or other relevant major. Candidate must have at least five years of professional experience working preferably for an ad agency showing progressive responsibilities in digital marketing.
Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
Schedule: M-F 8 am - 5 pm with potential nights/ weekends
UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
Pay Range: $41,804 - $55,739
Advertisement Number: ST35317
Open Date: 10/04/2017
Review Start Date: 10/15/2017
Close Date: 10/29/2017
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicant: Priority consideration will be given to those applicants who apply on or before the “Review Start Date." This job advertisement may close at any time after the review date. Please list a minimum of three references. References may be contacted at some point during the screening and selection process for a letter of recommendation.
To apply, visit: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/3566
Employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicant’s qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.