Parking Coordinator, Department of Parking & Transportation
Coordinates the front line operations of the customer service counter and the event staff. Oversees a wide variety of front line customer service to the University community and external clients. Works in the public eye answering questions, giving directions, fulfilling permit requests, and performing other such duties as is consistent with customer service and event parking management. This position is responsible for the day to day coordination of parking inventory in order to effectively and efficiently manage parking for special event visitors to the DU campus with minimum adverse impact to DU permit holders. Responsible for the management, adjudication, and timely response to customers appealing parking citations. Responsible for recording T2 Flex daily cash and check transactions in the One Step system. Assists the Customer Service Manager with financial reconciliation in their absence.
- Offer support and some direction to the Customer Service Representative in performing a wide variety of front line customer service to the University community and external clients.
- In the absence or when needed this position will assist the customer service representative in greeting customers, processing customer requests via email, multi-line phone system, or in person, paying parking citations and appealing parking citations.
- Acts as intermediary with the public.
- Must be able to address customers complaints in a professional manner while taking the necessary customer service action.
- This position will act as the first line of escalation when the customer service representative is unable to resolve the customers complaint or request.
- Prepares, compiles, sorts, files and maintains confidential customer files (World Wide, etc).
- Documents the quantity and quality of services provided to customers and maintain the spreadsheet that records the statistics.
- Offers support and assistance to the Event Coordinator in coordination and allotment of parking permits purchased for special events occurring at the University of Denver.
- Works closely with the Customer Service Manager, as well as, many other departments on campus to ensure that the parking inventory is properly managed.
- Assists the event coordinator in maintaining a master calendar of the parking event requirements through the Ungerboeck software.
- Serves as the event coordinator in the absence of the primary.
- Responsible for updating, maintaining, and beginning the troubleshooting process for the Ungerboeck software. This includes training new employees, simple configurations within the software, and assisting the Customer Service Manager when there is an issue.
- Reconcile all daily office transactions in T2 Flex software and ensure accuracy of billings. Post transactions in a financial database (One Step) and reconcile computer reports with T2 Flex.
- Resolve billing disputes and keep track of accounts that are overdue and attempt to collect payment.
- Responsible for all permit mailings through the Parking Services department. This includes updating materials, inventorying permits, and managing the permit mailing processes.
- Assist the Customer Service Manager with the permit sales set up, configuration, and testing processes in T2 Flex and the website back office (Ebiz).
- Assist the Customer Service Manager in training new office personnel on duties and skills associated with customer service and event planning in the Parking Services department.
- Works closely with the Customer Service Manager and the Field Operations Manager to monitor and improve daily operations, includes the implementation of new technologies, and operational techniques to ensure consistency and efficient business practices.
- Performs other duties and special projects for the department/division as assigned.
- High School diploma.
- 1-2 years in a customer service/billing position and/or scheduling functions.
- 1 year of cash handling experience.
- Valid driver's license.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 2-5 years of parking experience including parking management software and ecommerce.
- Knowledge of University parking operations, knowledge of T2 PowerPark Flex, knowledge of Ungerboeck software and knowledge in Banner University software.
- 3 years of cash handling experience.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on Wednesday, October 18, 2017.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.