The Engineering Manager is responsible to directly manage, support and provided direction and leadership to the Senior Project Engineers, Project Engineers, Field Engineers, Field Technicians and Project Coordinators. Responsibilities also include the following:
- Manage your team members
- Understand your team members
- Assign them to activities where they can be successful
- Work with team members, both in the office and in the field, to improve their skills, knowledge and value.
- Provide regular constructive feedback on positive and negative performance.
- Staff mentoring and training
- Manage their team's overall financial performance and ensure the execution of their projects.
- Ensure that staff is scheduled effectively to ensure maximum utilization. Maintain and oversee the development and execution of the weekly work plans.
- Ensure projects are adequately staffed
- Execute projects with in budget
- Time and expense management including on time submission of all team members
- Projecting Revenue as well as Labor Requirements
- Oversight and support of existing project workload
- Client Management
- Maintain positive relationships with existing clients and consistently promote additional services, future business and positive references.
- Lead, where possible, design phase projects to allow for an understanding of the project and development of relationships with the key project members.
- Business Development
- Support and lead the development of change orders on existing projects.
- Review and support the development of proposals on new clients and / or projects.
- Participate in client and / or educational presentations as required.
- Any special projects as required
- Bachelors degree
- 8+ years Engineering Experience, including 5 years of management experience
- P.E., LEED AP, or CCP a plus
- Proven track record and excellent customer relation skills
- Strong Communication Skills
- Excellent Coach and Mentor
- Strong Financial and analytical skills
- Capable Presenter
- Firm, Steady and Fair leadership
- Willingness to accept responsibility and solicit involvement from team members
- Must be physically fit and capable of lifting at least 30 pounds and climbing ladders
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel
Only a higher standard can get building systems right. Specializing in Building Commissioning, Consulting, and IAQ, HEA achieves a higher standard. We are one of the nation's premier building commissioning providers, having served as commissioning authority for more than 90 million square feet and $20 billion in construction cost. With offices across the country, we have one of the largest and most respected staffs of Certified Commissioning Professionals and LEED Accredited professionals in the nation.
We recognized the potential of Building Commissioning to raise industry standards from its beginnings and contributed to its development. As a pioneer, HEA commissioned the nation's first green residential high-rise building, which is also a model of sustainable design and construction principles. We continue to actively participate in the future of Commissioning and Sustainable Design through the high standards of our own practice, and through leadership in industry organizations such as the U.S. Green Building Council and the Building Commissioning Association.
Sun, 17 Sep 2017 11:33:01 PDT