PD 44 Network Support
Plan, implement, operate, and maintain (PIOM) MCTOG network architecture. This network architecture allows MCTOG to connect with clients on MCTOG facilities, USMC and DoD bases and installations, and other field environments. Networks are planned and executed via Wide Area Networks (WAN), Very Small Aperture Terminal (VSAT), Wireless Point-to-Point Link (WPPL), Digital Wideband Transmission System (AN/MRC 142), Joint Network Node (JNN), Light Weight Multi-Band Satellite Terminal (LMST), and Local Area Networks (LAN). The planning and implementation of MCTOG networks determine the quality and quantity of all data services administered by MCTOG staff and data services used by USMC operational forces during resident (TMIC) and battle staff training (Spartan Resolve) events.
40 hours per week and occasional overtime, with prior supervisor approval, as required to maintain operations and support the mission.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Plan, install, operate, and maintain MCTOG long haul (SWAN/JNN/LMST) and TACSAT (PSC-5, PRC 148, 117) networks that shall be primarily data focused.
- Setup, configure, and maintain the Cisco router and switches in a Core, Distribution, and Access Layer design which includes updating and backing up configurations as well as researching better ways to secure the network.
- Secure all network hardware and end devices per security template installation guides. Plan, install, operate, and maintains network redundancy solutions.
- Coordinate with MCTOG command to implement network outages in support of network maintenance.
- Ensure that the rigorous application of information security/information assurance policies, principles, and practices are in the delivery enterprise, data, and network services.
- Receive, process, and execute mitigation for Information Assurance Vulnerability Alerts to include network elements, encryption devises, operating system, application server software, hardware updates, and patches.
- Install, operate, upgrade and back up all network management software used to monitor network capacity and performance.
- Identify and develop network requirements in support of unit training and develop logical network diagrams from requirements.
- Validate and update physical network diagrams as required.
- Configure logical and specific IP addresses for all network elements, according to the network plan.
- Answer trouble calls for all Long Haul and TACSAT network data services and provide feedback to the users as well as the command.
- Maintain software library for command and training units.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Information.
Previous military service is highly desired.
- Minimum or 3 years of experience in long haul/ TACSAT communications and networking within a military communications unit.
- Knowledge in Information Assurance (IA) to identify reccomendations for facility safeguards to include Crypto equipment interconnectivity (e.g., KG-175s).
- Knowledge in digital communication networks employed in support of military operations.
- Desired knowledge in tactical Wide Area Networks.
- Comp TIA Network +
- Comp TIA Security+
- CISCO Certified Network Administrator (CCNA).
- CISCO Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
- Microsoft Certified Systems Associate
Possesses a valid secret security clearance.
The Katmai Family of Companies is a dynamic organization that offers a range of career opportunities for prospective employees. We provide services to the Federal Government in the areas of simulation and training, facilities maintenance, electronic manufacturing, software engineering, live training, net-centric systems, and construction. Our corporate offices also provide employment opportunities in accounting, contracts, IT, and HR.
We understand that our strength as a professional services organization lies in our talented workforce, and we pride ourselves on attracting and retaining outstanding employees from our exceptional staff of highly skilled technical workers to our team of committed and knowledgeable support personnel.
Katmai is committed to providing the highest level of customer support and satisfaction possible. If you share our commitment, we encourage you to apply.
To be considered for this position, all applicants must apply on the company website, http://www.katmaicorp.com/main-career
We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Preference will be given to Ouzinkie Shareholders in accordance with Title 43 U.S. Code 1626(g) and Title 42 U.S. Code 2003 - 2(i).
Executive Order 11246, as amended, protects applicants and employees from discrimination based on inquiring about, disclosing, or discussing their compensation or the compensation of other applicants or employees.
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law Poster: http://media.wix.com/ugd/4c36fa_e850f00b1b84447786ccd17214867984.pdf
EEO Supplement Poster : http://media.wix.com/ugd/4c36fa_585f835735374d089a44ff899c84ccfb.pdf
Pay Transparency Poster: http://media.wix.com/ugd/4c36fa_6f7d4fb6d8ce457a87d9f38f9cfe580f.pdf
Right to Work Poster: http://media.wix.com/ugd/4c36fa_84cb215622bf49b0ae03418b081847ad.pdf
Right to Work Poster (Spanish): http://media.wix.com/ugd/4c36fa_cedd5daf5c5f433a8ac24f0e4829b91c.pdf
E-Verify Poster: http://media.wix.com/ugd/4c36fa_cf68148e2b2d4e9abcadd71c6cfd1364.pdf
E-Verify Poster (Spanish): http://media.wix.com/ugd/4c36fa_a404b42bb4ff4cb5ba848ab1524fc761.pdf
Twentynine Palms, CA
Wed, 20 Sep 2017 11:57:09 PDT