Undergraduate Admissions Evaluator
Job Title: Undergraduate Admissions Evaluator
Job ID: 24296
Full/Part Time: Full - Time
Job Code: 3082, Range 1
Department: Undergraduate Admissions and Outreach
Performs duties under general supervision of the Director, Office of Admissions and Outreach and receives work lead direction from Associate Director and area lead. In this position, the Admissions Evaluator performs complex student services professional work within a centralized admissions environment to determine student applicant's’ admissibility to the university by following CSU regulations, policies and procedures. Working independently but under general supervision, the incumbent is primarily responsible for complex tasks regarding all processes related to admission evaluation, verification and posting of transfer credit. The objective in all interactions is to provide information regarding policies and procedures, to suggest actions that will resolve issues, and to establish cordial and collegial relationships with those contacting the Office of Undergraduate Admissions and Outreach.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Provides admissions criteria for both Freshmen and Transfer applicants both domestic and international.
- Provides information and explanation for individual situations.
- Interprets and explains admission requirements, transfer credit evaluation policies, and enrollment policies to students, parents, campus community members and representatives from other colleges and institutions.
- Verifies and processes academic records; transcripts for transfer credits and advance standing credits that are valid toward transfer and or graduation requirements.
- Reviews, evaluates, and processes all documents; transcripts and admissions in a timely manner.
- Provides high level customer service to students by answering complex policy questions, outlining and troubleshooting various documents and batch processes, including transcripts and documents related to domestic and international admission processes.
To apply, please visit: http://www.sjsu.edu/hr/careers/jobs and search for Job ID: 24296.
Equal Employment Statement:
SJSU is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
It is the policy of SJSU to provide reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities who self disclose.