Lab Technician / Eyewear Consultant
**Willing to train for this position. No prior optical experience necessary.
The Lab Technician must be able to fabricate a complete pair of eyeglasses within time frames to satisfy quality and company standards. Additionally, the optician performs various minor repairs and adjustments as required to meet patients' needs. With the advancement of technology as it pertains to the lab equipment, one of the optician's main focuses should be on the sales floor. The optician will ensure that the proper measurements and lenses are being fitted, assist the eyewear consultant in area's needs, be readily available for the optometrist and trouble-shoot any customer needs or concerns. Opticians will also be cross-trained in all other functional areas of the office.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Fabricate eyeglasses satisfying quality requirements established by ANSI Standards and My Eye Dr.
- Facilitate the preparation, assembly, and delivery of eyeglasses within the designated delivery date/time promised (primary duty).
- Order all lenses and frames, according to company protocol, utilizing the correct vendor.
- Understand all of the equipment necessary to manufacture a pair of eyeglasses.
- Documenting information pertaining to lab ordering and manufacturing on the eyeglass sales invoice and entering into the POS system.
- Ensure all trays are labeled correctly according to company protocol
- Handling Redo's in the proper manner, auditing to ensure they are ordered and received at zero cost (RD-35)
- Review next days' jobs for potential delays or problems. Immediately notify patients of any delays, as well as new promise time. Document all delays on Blue Job Summary Slips.
- Prepare and forward all lens and frame returns to Home Office.
- Final inspect all eyeglasses prior to leaving the lab to ensure quality.
- Reorder stock inventory on a weekly basis, ensuring plan-a-gram, levels are adhered to at all times.
- Review jobs "on hold" and follow through on 'old jobs' to ensure they are completed and delivered. Ensure all holds are properly handled.
- Maintain lab according to company standards (lab procedures)
- Prepare all lab outgoing mail by specified pick-up times, utilizing prepaid slips by all labs.
- Monitor jobs waiting to be picked up. Inform management of any job held over 30 days
- Assist with patient care to include: answering of phones, greeting patients, assisting patients with frame and lens selection, dispense and adjust eyewear to patients, troubleshooting of any patients having difficulties, and their new RX.
- Before physical possession of lenses, spectacle eyeglasses, contact lenses and other optical devices is transferred to the customer, the optician will personally fit the optical device upon the customer.
- Demonstrate a strong working knowledge of lenses and product availability.
- Communicate with Eyewear Consultants on measurements, ordering time constraints, adjustments and troubleshooting.
- Maintain and clean all lab equipment and machinery on a daily basis.
- Help maintain the attractive appearance of the office.
- Be flexible and work assigned schedules and\or locations that may be altered to meet patient's needs.
- Attend all office meetings.
- Participate in all training opportunities offered by My Eye Dr.
- Other duties, as required.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- AA or BA/BS in related field is desirable.
- Minimum 3-5 years of related Optician or Lab Tech experience within a similar retail office environment desired.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrated success in a retail, office environment addressing a broad spectrum of customer requirements and preferences.
- Demonstrated ability to establish positive patient rapport and build relationships to establish repeat customer-trends.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written) with the proven ability to manage priorities in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities and ensure that patient commitments/deadlines are met.
- Proficiency in utilization of automated equipment and systems standard to the optometry industry.
- This position requires the ability to communicate and exchange information, utilize industry standard equipment necessary to perform the job, and move about the office.
- This position is performed in a traditional retail office environment.
MyEyeDr. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Founded in 2001, Capital Vision Services, LLC dba MyEyeDr. is a premier vision care provider and single practice consolidator. Since inception, the Company has grown into a 300+ unit practice throughout the east coast and the midwest via acquisitions, doctor purchases, and Greenfield development. Through MyEyeDr. practice management expertise, the Company is able to significantly improve operations of the doctor practice post acquisition. Every MyEyeDr. location has at least one licensed Optometrist on the premises and offers comprehensive eye care services, including exams and retinal photography. In addition, each location offers more than 1,000 frames and a variety of related eyewear products. In December 2012 Boston-based Private Equity firm, Monitor Clipper Partners, provided the company with an additional capital infusion. MyEyeDr. will use this new capital and existing resources to even more rapidly expand the group presence throughout the United States.
Company Highlights Include:
Top 10 optical retailer in the country
Unique single practice consolidator business model
Premier vision care brand
Strong financial performance
Fast growing with entrepreneurial spirit
Do you want to work for a cutting edge optical leader that id growing and gaining market share daily? If the answer is yes then look no further than MyEyeDr. to take your professional career to the next level! We are the fastest growing eye care company pm the East Coast with our sites clearly set on expanding our successful model to new markets. We pride ourselves on delivering the highest quality vision care and customer service to thousands of patients annually.
MyEyeDr. offers a comprehensive benefits package, which includes the following:
-Health insurance, which provides medical, prescription drug and vision coverage.
-Paid Time Off includes vacation, sick leave and personal days
-Life and AD&D Insurance is paid by MyEyeDr.
-Paid holidays offered to full-time associates according to annual schedule
-Certification assistance program
-Matched 401k Retirement Savings Plan
-Free Eyewear Program offered to associates after one year; discounts available to associate and family members and more!
Mon, 25 Sep 2017 12:54:44 PDT