This position is a design/technical role in the Product Design and Development department. Duties include responsibility for all aspects of the design of custom and core fenestration products. This may include, but not limited to design concept, details and drawings, customer submittals, design validation, timeline, cost and manufacturability of product. Provide technical support relating to product design and performance. Writing and organizing technical documentation including product design, manufacturing, testing and performance information or certifications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Have a high level of knowledge of product design for the following: window, sliding glass door, storefront and curtain wall products. High level of knowledge is the ability to design an aluminum fenestration product complete that meets stakeholder requirements.
- Develop strong working knowledge of EFCO Engineering Reference Manual, and all processes associated with EFCO design documentation.
- Must have a strong commercial fenestration business knowledge.
- The ability to provide technical assistance to customers in and out-of-house.
- The ability to deal directly with architects, contractors, installers, and other trades that have involvement with the fenestration products on a building envelope.
- The ability to provide troubleshooting assistance in manufacturing, application and design.
- The ability to create extrusions, fabrication, and accessory drawings utilizing CAD and Inventor in 2D and 3D models.
- Ability to utilize standards, technical data and information available from the Aluminum Association, AAMA, ASTM, ANSI, IGMA, GANA, NFRC and other national standards that pertain to extruded aluminum, glass, and the design, testing, certification and evaluation of fenestration products.
- Ability to design systems to meet customer and market requirement including but not limited to: air infiltration, water penetration resistance and management, structural integrity, thermal performance, condensation resistance, sound attenuation, functional operation, impact and cycling resistance, blast mitigation, ease of installation, thermal movement, and building movement.
- Support that the design concept meets requirements through proper engineering analysis, calculations and simulations including but not limited to thermal simulation, expansion/contraction, structural and anchorage analysis.
- Ability to develop test plans, procedures and drawings to validate designs meet codes, standards and requirements.
- Understand material properties, interactions and fabrication of aluminum, glass, silicone, rubber and plastic compounds, steel and other components used in architectural fenestration.
- Must be able to work with vendors for component design integration.
- Have good written and oral communication skills and the ability to speak comfortable in front of groups
- Must be detail oriented and able to provide a high level of accuracy and consistency in all aspects of the position.
- Able to develop and publish documentation for efficient use by internal and external customers.
- Must be able to identify opportunities to improve working processes to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Must be able to manage and execute multiple projects to closure on established time lines. Including projects requiring involvement from cross functional stakeholders.
- Contribute to, and lead teams ranging from engineering design review to cross functional Kaizen or other continuous improvement activities.
- Any additional duties assigned by their manager.
No direct supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors degree in Engineering, Science, Mathematics or Technology disciplines or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.\
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to use and apply engineering principals, drafting, dimensioning and tolerance standards to fenestration products
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Good to excellent computer skills including but not limited to: Adobe Acrobat, AS400, Sharepoint, MS Word, Excel, Publisher, Power Point; Autocad and Autodesk Inventor modeling.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, risk of electrical shock, and vibration. The noise level in some of the work environment is usually loud.
The employee selected for this position will be on an introductory period during which time his/her performance will be evaluated. If during this time it is determined that the employee cannot successfully fulfill the requirements of this position, every attempt will be made to return the employee to his/her previous job assignment, if it has not already been filled by another employee.
We may conduct an internal and external search simultaneously, to select the most qualified candidate.
EFCO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
EFCO Corporation, is a leading manufacturer of architectural aluminum window, curtain wall, storefront and entrance systems for commercial architectural applications. Headquartered in Monett, Missouri, our mission is to be the most trusted supplier in commercial architecture.
To achieve this goal, we adhere to the same principles and values that shaped who we are today. Values such as manufacturing excellence. Technological innovation. Environmental stewardship, and dedicated customer service.
Wed, 4 Oct 2017 06:50:17 PDT