CAD Designer - MEP Engineering
• At minimum, requires completion of at least a 2+ years CAD training program with an emphasis in architectural drafting. Degree a plus.
• Assist with MEP drawings.
• Work within our mechanical, electrical, and plumbing department.
• Under direction of a supervisor, begin to make calls to the landlord and building department.
• Develop working understanding of project file organization, drawing set-up and maintenance.
• Provide and maintain accurate project documentation per office standards including, phone, fax and written documentation.
• Develop a thorough understanding of the office standards for CAD operation.
• Assist in the distribution of plans to vendors and contractors.
• Assist in the preparation of material and sample boards.
• With supervision, has an understanding developed and displays knowledge of the entire project development process from criteria review through the building department and landlord review and comment process.
• Assist APM's, PM's and SPM's in placing calls to landlords, tenant coordinators and building department officials, clients, architectural and engineering consultants.
• Prepare building code analysis information and develop a working knowledge of building codes.
• Assist other staff members with field survey work when required.
• Some problem solving skills required.
• Requires basic knowledge of commonly used CAD drafting skills.
• Must be able to self-check own work to ensure accuracy and completeness.
• Requires a working knowledge of commonly used concepts and practices within the architectural / construction fields and an understanding of specific account typical details.
• Ability to read and interpret documents.
• Knowledge of fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Competitive salaries
• Paid vacation, holidays, and personal/sick days
• Comprehensive health plan options including medical, dental, and vision
• 401(K) program
• A Life Insurance policy
• Long and short term disability
• Summer Hours Program
• Flex Hours Program
Qualified individuals please email your resume and salary requirement. No agencies, please.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) (M/F/D/V)
A Progressive Architecture firm located in Northern New Jersey completing Retail, Shopping Center, Food Services, Automotive, and Corporate Interiors is offering a career opportunity to an individual to join our team. We are licensed in all 50 states and provide in-house design, architecture, and MEP engineering services to support our growing client base.
Fri, 29 Sep 2017 04:49:48 PDT