Journeyman Electrician (1st Shift)
Wage negotiable dependent upon experience and education
This is a 1st Shift (7a-3p) Monday-Friday position that requires no out of town traveling. Responsible for the installation, alteration, maintenance, and repair of electrical systems, equipment, and fixtures for all Gaming Facilities. Perform skilled tasks in accordance with standard practices of the electrical trade under the direction of the Master Electrician. Ensure that services are provided effectively and efficiently to the Oneida Nation. Continuation of this position is contingent upon funding allocations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provide excellent customer service for all internal and external customers of the Facilities operations at all times and in all activities. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all internal and external customers of the Oneida Casino. Provide solutions for customer concerns and continually focus on customer service as our top priorities.
2. Develop, maintain, and facilitate effective relationships, communications processes and activities with all Gaming personnel and all other internal and external customers. Ensure established procedures, and processes are utilized at all times, to ensure maximum understanding and coordination are in place. Attend department meetings to ensure effective communications take place.
3. Inform supervisor of recommendations/ideas for improving all areas of this position to include ideas on improving customer service systems or activities.
4. Ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements in all areas at all times. Adhere to established quality, service delivery, customer service, and customer demand expectations. Adhere to all audit, and legal regulations/laws and practices.
6. Install, repair, maintain, or replace (to include but not limited to):
a. Wiring circuits, light fixtures, wiring devices and the distribution system to applicable codes.
b. Switchgear distribution panels, transformers, and other electrical equipment.
c. Electrical components of various equipment; work on secondary voltage equipment.
7. Locate and correct power failures and short circuits.
8. Perform motor control troubleshooting and wiring installations.
9. Monitor various electrical duties and schedules.
10. Adjust electrical equipment and systems as needed.
11. Maintain an inventory of necessary materials.
12. Work with and troubleshoot automated control systems.
13. Work cooperatively with the Carpentry, Electrical, HVAC and outside vendors to ensure assigned equipment is in good working order, including all Casino electronic equipment.
14. Assist in providing staff training in electrical and relevant topics.
15. Perform duties at various heights using lifts or ladders.
16. Operate and maintain tools, lifts, and other required equipment.
17. Maintain confidential documentation with the Key Watcher shop.
18. Schedule and perform periodic maintenance on the electronic key control system.
19. Adhere to all safety procedures.
20. Attend and participate in training opportunities/seminars relevant to this position.
21. Adhere to all Tribal Personnel Policies and Procedures, Tribal Standard Operating Procedures, and Area and Program Strategic Plans and Policies.
22. Maintain strict department security, confidentiality, and quality to meet professional standards of the department.
23. The above duties and responsibilities are not an all inclusive list but rather a general representation of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position. The duties and responsibilities will be subject to change based on organizational needs and/or deemed necessary by the supervisor.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
1. Frequently stand, walk, bend, stoop, squat, and carry up to fifty (50) pounds.
2. Occasionally crawl, climb heights, reach above shoulders, crouch, kneel, balance, push/pull, lift seventy-five (75) to one-hundred pounds (100) with assistance, and ride in a lift that will require working with above ground heights up to fifty (50) feet. Repetitive movement of both hands.
3. Work is performed both indoors and outdoors. Exposure to natural weather conditions and various smokes, dusts, and mists may occur while performing duties.
4. Standing and walking may be on uneven surfaces or unstable ground.
5. Situations where the use of Personal Protective Equipment may occur.
6. Flexible schedule, extended hours to include all shifts, weekends, holidays, and an on-call basis may be required.
7. Work environment is NOT smoke, noise, or dust free.
8. A Tuberculosis (TB) Screening and/or TB Skin Test is required within thirty (30) days of employment and annually thereafter as required.
1. Knowledge and ability to work with computer systems, to include experience with building automated controls.
2. Knowledge of occupational hazards and applicable safety practices, especially in regards with working with gas and electricity.
3. Knowledge of low voltage circuits, communication devices, and solid state devices.
4. Skill in hand/eye coordination.
5. Ability to maintain/troubleshoot electronic key control systems.
6. Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds and with co-workers at all levels.
7. Ability to inform and communicate effectively verbally and in writing; process information effectively to identify and define problems and make objective decisions.
8. Ability to work independently, prioritize, handle multitasks, and meet strict time lines.
9. Ability to obtain Lift equipment certification within one year of hire.
10. Ability to operate and maintain tools, lifts, and equipment is required.
11. Ability to read, interpret, and work from architectural drawings, blueprints, and schematics and the Uniform Building Code, Electrical Code, and Safety Code.
12. Ability to work at heights using lifts or ladders.
13. Ability and willingness to work in all weather conditions.
14. Ability to prepare and maintain work orders.
15. Must have successful working knowledge of and understand the National Electrical Code Book (NEC).
16. Must adhere to strict confidentiality in all matters. (Must sign a confidentiality statement prior to employment.)
17. Must be willing and able to obtain additional education and training.
18. Must pass a pre-employment drug screening. Must adhere to the Tribe's Drug and Alcohol Free Workplace Policy during the course of employment.
19. Must pass a background security check with the Oneida Tribe in order to meet the Employment Eligibility Requirements, Tribal/State Compact and/or Oneida Nation Gaming Ordinance as they pertain to the position. A temporary license or Gaming License issued by the Oneida Gaming Commission is required as a condition of employment and continuing employment within the Oneida Tribe's Gaming Division.
20. A valid driver's license, reliable transportation and insurance. Must obtain a Wisconsin driver's license within thirty (30) days of employment if applicant has an out-of-state driver's license. Must be authorized as eligible to operate a personal and tribal vehicle under the Oneida Tribe's Vehicle Drivers Policy prior to actual start date. Must maintain drivers' eligibility as a condition of employment.
Applicants please clearly state on the application/resume if you meet these qualifications.
Applicants please clearly state how you meet these qualifications on the application/resume.
1. Must be eighteen (18) years of age or older.
2. High School Diploma, GED Diploma, or HSED Certification is required within one (1) year of employment. Applicants age fifty (50) and older are exempt from this requirement.
3. A State of Wisconsin Journeyman Electrician's License. (Must obtain a Wisconsin Journeyman Electrician's License within six (6) months of employment if applicant has an out-of-state Journeyman Electrician's License.)
ITEMS TO BE SUBMITTED:
1. Must provide a copy of Diploma, License, Degree or Certification upon employment.
Vision: Wisconsin's first choice for casino entertainment
Oneida Nation employees enjoy excellent benefits including:
* Discounted corporate fitness membership
* Eleven (11) paid holidays
* Personal and vacation time
* An Employee Assistance Program, and much more!
Green Bay, WI
Tue, 26 Sep 2017 08:20:15 PDT