Experienced CEMS Analyzer Technician
Seeking experienced CEMS Field Service Technician
Perform calibration, maintenance, testing, troubleshooting, and repair on a variety of gas analyzers and analytical instrumentation in continuous emission monitoring systems. Maintain all logs and required documentation repairs and preventative maintenance. Independently work on assignments that are moderately complex in which experience and knowledge is required to calibrate instruments and resolve problems and follow quality assurance and quality control procedures for the equipment. Work is performed and various locations including oil refineries, chemical plants, power generation facility and industrial work locations.
Under the direction of the Service Manager and or Site Supervisor, carries out as required:
•Performs duties in a safe manner
•Identifies, report and/or correct unsafe work environments
•Works to logic diagrams, electrical and mechanical drawings and sketches, and other written instructions.
•Completes preventive, corrective maintenance and scheduled maintenance; and improves operation of systems, instruments, controls, and metering and electrical equipment installed in plants and in customer facilities.
• Performs preventive maintenance on assigned equipment in customer facilities.
• Trouble shoots and analyzes instrument, control, and metering problems and takes appropriate action to correct deficiencies.
• Trouble shoots and analyzes system problems and takes appropriate action to correct deficiencies.
• Maintains records of readings and test results for all assigned equipment.
• Maintains records and files of readings and data taken during preventive maintenance.
Experience and Skills Required:
• Ideal candidate will have two(2) plus years of experience, traveling to client sites to work with all aspects of a CEM system and will have experience with the operation of various analyzer platforms from common manufacturers such as: ABB, Siemens, Rosemount, Teledyne, Thermo
• Experience with continuous emission monitoring systems (CEMS) or be able to acquire quickly knowledge of CEMS and our other products.
• Must have or be able to acquire quickly knowledge of the environmental compliance requirements of 40 CFR Part 75, 40 CFR Part 60, SCAQMD RELCAIM, and various State or Local rules related to CEMS Maintenance and Quality Control and Quality assurance.
• Two (2) plus years of experience maintaining, troubleshooting, testing, and servicing industrial electrical instrumentation and controls, as well as basic mechanical skills.
• Familiar with and able to use various test equipment such as multi meters, flow meters, and electronic test equipment in order to calibrate and troubleshoot instruments.
• Experience reading electrical prints and manuals.
• Experience with microcomputer and related software
• Must have or be able to acquire quickly a good working ability with Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively with subordinates, peers, managers, customers and vendors.
• Thorough knowledge, skill and hands-on trouble-shooting and repair experience relating to instrumentation used in modern power stations, refineries and industrial work locations.
• Ability to work scheduled and unscheduled overtime and respond to off-hour call-ins when contacted by phone or by pager.
• Able to lift 50+ pounds, climb ladders, work aloft, and work in the elements.
• Willing to work overtime as required, work emergency on call one weekend per month.
• Takes rotating, on-call (beeper) on weekends, back shifts, and holidays.
• Possess a high degree of initiative and judgment.
• Ability to meet highest attendance requirements.
• Possess a valid driver's license insurable by Company's vehicle insurance carrier.
• May require some out-of-town, overnight trips.
• Our Company maintains a drug free work environment and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position is Non-Exempt as defined under the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Cemtek Environmental, based in Southern California, is one of the leading Continuous Emissions Monitoring Systems (CEMS) companies in the country. We engineer CEMS with specialty gas analyzers for monitoring emissions in refinery process applications, power plants, cement plants, steel mills etc.
Santa Ana, CA
Wed, 4 Oct 2017 13:50:48 PDT