A. RESPONSIBILITIES AND SPECIFIC DUTIES:
• Review and manage staff deliverables including tax returns, extensions, tax planning calculations, and write-up work for all entity types (C-Corp, S-Corp, Partnership, Fiduciary, Non Profit, gift, multi state and TX franchise).
• Review Compiled financial statements for Corporations, Not for Profit entities, Partnerships, and Individuals, including workpapers, accounting and adjusting entries, bank reconciliations, and client books and records.
• Prepare and review complex tax planning projections for individual and corporate estimated tax liability.
• Manage and monitor client deliverables and due dates.
• Prepare complex U.S. and multi-state income tax returns for business entities, including consolidated and nonconsolidated C-corporations, S-Corporations, Partnerships, Fiduciary, and Non-Profit Organizations.
• Prepare complex U.S. and state individual income, gift tax, and estate tax returns.
• Conduct complex tax research and prepare memorandum outlining findings and conclusions. • Respond to IRS and state agency audits, inquires, and tax notices. Communicate with IRS and clients in connection with audits, inquires, and tax notices.
• Delegate projects to staff that can handle them most efficiently and provide accounting and tax assistance to staff as needed.
• Communicate directly with existing clients, colleagues, management, and IRS representatives regarding various tax matters.
• Assist with business development efforts, including but not limited to, meeting with prospective clients, preparing fee quotes and proposals, and evaluating clients' needs.
• Lead department in knowledge of software, processes, and workflows.
• Assist with employee training for new hires and ongoing employee training.
• Engage in consulting and special projects as requested by Management and Clients.
• Takes direction and reports to the Partners of the tax department.
B. KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
• CPA Certification required.
• Good oral and written communication
• Good time management and organizational skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, Prosystem, Ultratax, and Adobe software.
• Proficient in QuickBooks or equivalent accounting software desired. At minimum, must have sound knowledge of basic functionality of QuickBooks or equivalent accounting software.
C. EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
• CPA certification required.
• Bachelor's degree in accounting or other major with tax and accounting (through intermediate) course work completed.
• Minimum of five years of experience preparing all types of tax returns with a public CPA firm or private company.
• Minimum of two years reviewing all types of tax returns and compiled financial statements with a public CPA firm or private company.
Professional Perspectives brings over 20 years of combined industry leadership. We have assembled the very best recruiters in the field. Our company was founded on the belief that excellence in service, recruiting and screening will allow for partnerships unlike any found in the marketplace today. We are dedicated consultants that are experienced in all aspects of staffing, from entry-level to senior executives. Professional Perspectives, one of Denver's leading executive recruiting and staffing firms is assisting various management companies in their staffing search needs.
Wed, 20 Sep 2017 12:33:35 PDT