The Coding Analyst, PMR is responsible for reviewing patient list and patient charts, identifying HCC's and imputing results into Salesforce. This position is also responsible for ensuring proper coding of HCC's, transmitting CCA's to doctors for final approval and updating the problem list.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Perform medical chart reviews as well as coding special projects for PMR.
• Review patient charts to ensure accuracy of information of chronic conditions (HCCs).
• Identify HHC's by looking at labs exams, x-rays, medical records and progress notes from doctors.
• Properly code all HCC's and input findings into the EMR Coding System.
• Update problem list by revising existing codes or removing any resolve issues in PMR's EMR coding system.
• Meet coding production and quality goals as outline below:
a) PMR: initials review: 25 charts for new reviews and 10 HCC recommendations.
b) Subsequent reviews: 30 charts for re-reviews with a minimum daily recommendation of 3 HCCs.
c) Quality goal of 99%.
• Ensure that all ICD-10 codes are current and active.
• Attend weekly meetings as required.
Other duties as assigned and modified at manager's discretion.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Must be able to communicate clearly (verbal and written).
• Self-starter and a team player.
• Needs little or no supervision.
• Needs little instructions on complicated tasks or new tasks.
• Must be detail orientated.
• This position requires 50 to 55% of travel within (Illinois, Kentucky, Louisiana and Virginia).
Strong follow-up skills & organizational skills required.
EDUCATION / SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE:
- Associate Degree Required.
- APPC or AHIMA coding certified required.
- Minimum 3 years' of coding related experience.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel- basic mathematical formulas, charts, tables).
• Strong medical coding and third party operating procedures and practices.
• Strong knowledge of ICD-10, CPT-4 & Medical Terminology.
Strong knowledge of revenue cycle management, medical documentation requirements.
Chen Medical is transforming health care for seniors. We provide big answers to big problems in health care delivery.
Chen Medical is a full-risk primary care market leader with an innovative philosophy, unique physician culture and end-to-end customized technology. These things allow us to provide world-class primary care and coordinated care to the most vulnerable population moderate- to low-income seniors who have complex chronic diseases.
Through our innovative operating model, physician-led culture and empowering technology, we are able to drive key quality and cost outcomes that create value for patients, physicians and the overall health system.
Our model allows us to practice medicine the way it should be practiced: by recruiting focused physicians and reducing their doctor-to-patient ratios, we increase patients time during each monthly appointment and help foster stronger doctor-patient relationships. Our model also drives and enhances compliance with treatment plans.
As a result of our efforts, our patients realize lower hospital admissions. Their overwhelming response to our approach is reflected in our aggressive, organic growth and net promoter scores in the low to mid 90s, which is unheard of in any industry. Read more about our results and the value of the Chen Medical model.
As a company, we are making a difference in the lives of seniors and in the health care system overall.
Miami Gardens, FL
Thu, 21 Sep 2017 04:23:53 PDT