Head Athletic Trainer
Required: Texas Athletic Training licensure.
Preferred: Previous experience as an athletic trainer in an intercollegiate athletics program and the National Athletic Trainers' Association Board of Certification (NATABOC). A Master's degree with 18 hours in Physical Education or Kinesiology. Red Cross Instructor Certification is also preferred.
Responsibilities: The applicant will assume responsibility for all athletic training activities related to the athletic program including, but not limited to:
· Direct oversight of the evaluation and treatment of injuries and illnesses to intercollegiate student-athletes;
· Refer ill and/or injured student-athletes to health services or the team physician(s) regarding their injuries and/or illnesses;
· Responsible for the administration of department's student-athlete health insurance needs;
· Maintain medical and administrative records;
· Interact with the institution's secondary insurance provider to ensure proper coordination of payment of services rendered to student athletes;
· Coordinate the pre-participation medical examination with team physicians;
· Provide emergency medical evaluation, treatment, and injury triage to student athletes during practice and competition;
· Provide daily follow-up care and evaluation of injured and ill student-athletes and communicate with appropriate athletics staff regarding status of injury/illness and participation capabilities;
· Serve as administrative liaison between the athletics department and the medical community regarding the health care of student-athletes;
· Coordinate practice and game coverage, schedules, rehabs, assigns responsibilities, and supervises student athletic training staff;
· Oversee the budget responsibilities of inventory, purchasing and maintenance of supplies and materials;
· Oversee the documentation of injuries, treatments, and rehabilitation of injured athletes; · Ensure compliance of Federal Rules and Regulations (HIPAA) regarding confidentiality and electronic communication;
· All other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
Responsible for personal safety and the safety of others; must exercise due caution and practice safe work habits at all times. This position is Security Sensitive.